Skip to main content

Topic: Working Safely around your Foretravel (Read 8162 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Working Safely around your Foretravel
Reply #100

After reading through these posts I'm still not sure where to place the safety stands. I have 4 2X2 1/4 inch wall steel tubes 12 inches long. Do you place them at the inside airbag or the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #101
Gary and Barry, Thank you for your replies. Looking at the picture is that the airbag in front of the tire or behind the tire? Or does it not matter?
Thanks again

Reply #102
I put them in front and behind, two per corner and both sides of the axle.  To lift the whole coach I use eight posts.  Be sure to use wheel chocks as well.

Roger

Reply #103
I think most of us use 4 posts-one per corner.

Reply #104
Like Roger, I use 8 safety stands - one at each air bag.  I got mine from Harbor Freight, on sale (at the time I bought them) for $9.99 each.  A couple of them can also serve as light barbells if you need a little exercise.  :P

12 in. Long 2 in....

Reply #105
Safety first, use two per corner. Do both front wheels or both rear wheels or all four wheels to prevent the coach from twisting if you lose air.

I got two 48" receiver tubes from Northern Tool when they were on sale for about $39 each. A bit of...

Reply #106
Old topic I know...
Any specific differences or, unique requirements, on the subject of using blocks to safely secure under chassis access on a Nimbus?

dan

Reply #107
Any specific differences or, unique requirements, on the subject of using blocks to safely secure under chassis access on a Nimbus?

Dan,

We use the same safety stands on our 320 as we do on a...

Reply #108
Thanks Mike....

dan