Skip to main content
Topic: More questions from a new owner (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

More questions from a new owner

Hi, we (Ron & Donna) are new owners of a 1997 U320 and like all new owners we have a few questions for the experts here on the forums. Our unit is number 5032 and is 40ft long. Our initial outing was when we picked it up in Oklahoma and then drove it 2000 miles to Oregon. The first thing that I noticed was that my back wasn't hurting after the first long days drive, and what a smooth ride, we love it.

Now I will start with hopefully a easy one, under the dash "hood" behind all the wires near the two hinges there is a bracket with two "secret switch's". The right one is momentary on-off and the left one is on off, both are rocker switches. Nothing seems to go on or off when I activate either one. If anyone knows what they are for, I would like to cross that one off my list.
Ron & Donna Brunson
1997 U320 40 ft.
Honda CR-V toad
Tangent, Oregon
Build #5032

Re: More questions from a new owner

Reply #1
Likely the "Check Engine Light" and "ABS Light" blink code switches.

Here's a link to the ABS info:

ABS Troubleshooting

Here's the engine light ones for pre-2002:

Cummins ISM Engine Codes - Pre 2002

Michelle
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #2
That's it. Thanks for the info. I will check them out tomorrow.
Ron & Donna Brunson
1997 U320 40 ft.
Honda CR-V toad
Tangent, Oregon
Build #5032

Reply #3
Hi, we (Ron & Donna) are new owners of a 1997 U320 and like all new owners we have a few questions for the experts here on the forums. Our unit is number 5032 and is 40ft long. Our initial outing was when we picked it up in Oklahoma and then drove it 2000 miles to Oregon. The first thing that I noticed was that my back wasn't hurting after the first long days drive, and what a smooth ride, we love it.

Now I will start with hopefully a easy one, under the dash "hood" behind all the wires near the two hinges there is a bracket with two "secret switch's". The right one is momentary on-off and the left one is on off, both are rocker switches. Nothing seems to go on or off when I activate either one. If anyone knows what they are for, I would like to cross that one off my list.

Picked up a similar rig.  What engine is in yours?
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #4
M11 400 hp Cummins, with 4060R Allison.
Ron & Donna Brunson
1997 U320 40 ft.
Honda CR-V toad
Tangent, Oregon
Build #5032

Reply #5
Those activate the engine codes readout. Foretravel or MOT can give you the instructions. I posted it once, can't ever remember...
The selected media item is not currently available. Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
Titusville, FL - The Great Outdoors
'98 270 buying this month
Toad is a 2018 F150 XLT