Skip to main content
Topic: outside utility bay faucet (Read 967 times) previous topic - next topic

outside utility bay faucet

I need to replace the utility bay faucet. I'm looking for suggestions.
Should I replace with the same kind?
Is there a better solution for this faucet?
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.

Re: outside utility bay faucet

Reply #1
I replaced the valve seats and valves last month.  Looked at replacing and could not find a new faucet with the correct size and connections for a quick exchange.  I found no part #s on the faucet and the replacement valve seats and valves were not easily identifiable at Ace, HD pr Lowes.  I sent a dig image of the faucet to the mfg. they identified the faucet and sent the parts.  Seems to be OK now - no drips. 
Scott & Carol Seibert
2001 42' double slide U320 - Sold
Previous - 2002 36' U320

Reply #2
I did the same as Scott, called the mfg., sent them a phone pix of the faucet and they supplied the parts.  It's a very high quality faucet, comparable to Chicago brand and nothing in the home improvement stores can match it.  It's easy to rebuild.
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #3
I replaced the valve seats and valves last month.  Looked at replacing and could not find a new faucet with the correct size and connections for a quick exchange.  I found no part #s on the faucet and the replacement valve seats and valves were not easily identifiable at Ace, HD pr Lowes.  I sent a dig image of the faucet to the mfg. they identified the faucet and sent the parts. 

The little research I've done suggests it's a Moen commercial 8121 body with an SV010 4" spout, then the special snap-on aerator that you can screw the hose thread onto.

ETA - and possibly modified to add the drain to the faucet body since I don't see that on the parts explosion in Moen's site.
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #4

ETA - and possibly modified to add the drain to the faucet body since I don't see that on the parts explosion in Moen's site.
My guess would be that FOT modifies the body for the drain. I bought a body from FOT this spring when we were in MECCA and it did not have te drain mod.

Roland
1993 U280 4341
2010 Jeep Liberty
The Pied Pipers

Reply #5
Thanks for the info.
My faucet body is shot, before I bought the coach somebody didn't drain the faucet body before Winter , so it froze and split. It didn't leak as long as the valves were turned closed. I put that faucet replacement on the back burner, too many other problems to deal with first.
Now that i started to sanitize the system for this year I noticed that the valves are not fully closing and the faucet is leaking.
I guess I could just pull it and cap the water ends.
I will check the part number and see what I can find for the replacement Moen.
I guess I could also see if the crack could be brazed and then buy the replacement valve assemblies.
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.

Reply #6
Our faucet was made by Central Brass.  The repair part #s are:  Central Brass K-453-C-O Ring Repair Kit & Central Brass K-453-H-O-Ring Repair Kit.  The C & H in the above part # desc. refers to Hot water valve and Cold water valve-they are threaded opposite directions.  I have seen a variety of faucets in pics of wet bay areas on this forum and not all faucets are the same. I do not know if mine is OEM or not. ???
Scott & Carol Seibert
2001 42' double slide U320 - Sold
Previous - 2002 36' U320

Reply #7
We bought one at a plumbing supply house in Nac near the railroad tracks.  Took the old one with me and got something similar.  They are rather pricey ... my recollection is about $100. 
Carol & Jeff Savournin
Usta have a '93 U225 36', Usta have a '95 U320 40', Usta have a '02 U320 40'
Usta have a 2006 Born Free, Usta have a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser
Usta have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4dr
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."  Steve Jobs