Skip to main content
Topic: 2003 U320 - Bedroom slide red light does not go out on room extend (Read 1407 times) previous topic - next topic

2003 U320 - Bedroom slide red light does not go out on room extend

The front room light works fine, it's just the bedroom one won't go out.  The manual says to hold the extend switch until the red light goes out or until 30 seconds has elapsed (then release switch). 

I cannot find any warning that there may be a problem if the light does not go out in 30 seconds.  The manual acts like it is nothing to worry about.

Anybody with similar experience?  This is a 2003 that does not have locking pins.

Jim
Jim McNeece
2003 U320 40'
2017 Chevy Colorado Tow

Re: 2003 U320 - Bedroom slide red light does not go out on room extend

Reply #1
Jim,

Generally that means the room in/out sensors (basic magnetic closure hall effect sensor) are out of alignment.  I get this most often on the front room, depends on how un level the site may be.

Generally its nothing to worry about (on slide out and as long as its fully out), however if the sensors get loose enough, then your dash alarm may go off as you hit some bumps in the road.

Here are a couple of posts that may help:

Level System alarm momentary on rough roads This is our rear slide area, you may have a closet but the layout is basically the same.  In ours the sensor is below the rear slide and for the front slide its above the slide, yours *should* be in the same areas.

Level System alarm momentary on rough roads  The last picture on this one is the rear room sensor, the stationary one was loose and after adjusting I've not had any light or alarm issues.

Reply #2
Problem fixed.  It was the high pressure switch.  Replaced it.  All is ok.
Jim McNeece
2003 U320 40'
2017 Chevy Colorado Tow

Reply #3
Thats a new one ... do tell how was it diagnosed, where is the switch and approximate cost ... I may need a spare to carry :)

Reply #4
The symptom was that on both rooms the hydraulic pump did not quit running when the room reached its inner or outer limit and the red light would not go out.

The diagnosis went like this.

I pulled into the HWH bay and explained the problem to the acting shop foreman.  He called two of the electronic engineers who came over and when they heard my description of the problem, both of them said, in unison,  "It's the 3000."  To demonstrate that this indeed was the problem, one of the engineers picked up a piece of wire off the floor, stripped off the insulation on two ends and jumpered some connections (I couldn't see which ones) and had me cycle the room.  The pump properly turned off and the red light went out.  The foreman installed a new high pressure switch within 2 minutes.  Everything was fine after that. 

The switch sits on top of the slide solenoid manifold and has two wires running out of it.  I've attached a picture.  When a room reaches it's limit, the system reaches full pressure of 3000 psi and this switch shuts down the pump.  Hence the name, "the 3000".

As for cost, no idea.  They did not charge me for the installation or the switch.  The reason for the freebie will be explained in another post on my good experience with HWH.

Jim McNeece
2003 U320 40'
2017 Chevy Colorado Tow

Reply #5
Jim, thanks for the write up....think I will be ordering a spare..
We are only strangers until we meet; however, some of us are stranger than others