Skip to main content
Topic: Failed Transmission cooler (Read 4801 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Failed Transmission cooler

Reply #100
Wonder why Foretravel enters into it as it's a commercial rear end with only the Meritor brakes being different. Lots of shops don't know much about Meritor but here are the studs from Meritor's site: https://www.meritorpartsxpress.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?categoryId=63501&storeId=10154&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=12&isRequestComingFromPrimarySearchBar=isRequestComingFromPrimarySearchBar&searchTermScope=102&searchTerm=studs#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:list&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

You shop may not be sure of the right part number as there are several available so perhaps going through Foretravel.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #101
Pierce
I discussed this with the service writer. Asked what was so special about the studs on Budd wheels. He said that they had studs that would fit but wanted to make sure they had the OEM part. Can't complain about that.

Roland

1993 U280 4341
2010 Jeep Liberty
The Pied Pipers

Reply #102
Pierce
I discussed this with the service writer. Asked what was so special about the studs on Budd wheels. He said that they had studs that would fit but wanted to make sure they had the OEM part. Can't complain about that.
Roland
Probably for liability purposes as he didn't want to be "deep pockets" if problems arose. A good deal for both of you.

P
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #103
OK got the coach back today. Drove to Ajo with the toad hooked up. Did not have any oil on the toad when I got to Ajo. Cost a bit over a coach buck, so more then the mobile guy charged but they also replaced three wheel lugs. I guess time will tell if it's finally fixed. All they did was replace the seal and three lug nuts ( I supplied the lug nuts via Foretravel).

I did not pay the mobile mechanic as I did not hire him. Tres Hombres in Carlsbad NM was supposed to pay him, that's what they told me and the mobile mechanic. Last I heard Tres Hombres did not compensate the mobile mechanic. At least that's what he told me when he came after me for payment.

Roland
1993 U280 4341
2010 Jeep Liberty
The Pied Pipers

Reply #104
OUCH, well hopefully it's fixed correctly this time. Might as well load up Samson and take a little road trip to Q.
Bruce, Linda, and Macy
Zoey RIP 1/20/19
1999 U295 40' build #5400
2017 silver Jeep Wrangler, 1260 watts of solar on top
Moving around the country