Skip to main content

Topic: Grand Villa difference (Read 727 times) previous topic - next topic

Grand Villa difference
Newbie Question! MOT has a 2002 Grand Villa listed and I am wondering what is the difference between a GV and the other models of that year, such as the 270, 295 or 320.

• Gary Bouland
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Grand Villa difference
Reply #1
The GV is just that.  Has the sloped front end and all are mid entry models.  Look at specs on beamalarm.com for details.  GV's are the finest coaches ever made by FT ( yes i am opinionated and biased ). The last production GV was in 1996  ( only...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Door is in a different place. Slight stylish differnce in front end. Other than that IMHO no difference.
JohnH

Reply #3
You lose some front overhead storage, maybe gain some elsewhere and the side entry door changes basement storage.  Someone who has owned both would have to comment on whether that is good or bad.  The look is appealing.

Roger

Reply #4
Newbie Question! MOT has a 2002 Grand Villa listed and I am wondering what is the difference between a GV and the other models of that year, such as the 270, 295 or 320.

I believe in terms of...

Reply #5
I believe in terms of equipment, the 2002 Grand Villa is called a GV320 and is (other than the shape of the front of the body and the entry door location) the same as a U320.

Correct.

Reply #6
Thanks for the clarification.

Reply #7
some interior space loss from a gv.  steering column is closer the  rear  by 9"?  I was a foretravel sales manager when the gv was introduced and drove a lot of them back then.

the unicoach has a much bigger visibility through the front and the...

Reply #8
Found this with Google;  2003 FORETRAVEL GV320 - 5000 (ROCKWALL) : rvs : in Dallas Classifieds |...
Learn something new every day.

Reply #9
I have had a GV Unihome and a non GV Unicoach.  We like the lower dash height of the Unicoach, with the taller windows.  But I have been in a couple of different custom GV320 and really like the larger and sloped front windows.  The feeling was...

Reply #10
I'd love to have mid entry door, even on my 34'. The layout would actually provide more usable interior space with a mid door.

Reply #11
Interesting about the poll.

Reply #12
I really like the GV320, but there's no doubt that they lacked demand from actual buyers if only a handful (15 ?) were built over 4 years.  I'm puzzled that so few ordered them.  For the people who didn't, I wonder what they saw that I don't. ...

Reply #13
I really like the GV320, but there's no doubt that they lacked demand from actual buyers if only a handful (15 ?) were built over 4 years.  I'm puzzled that so few ordered them.  For the people...

Reply #14
The flat front looks like a "bus"

Reply #15
The flat front looks like a "bus"

Yeh Bob, I absolutely LOVE the bus look, but I think (for me) it goes further than that:  being super organized & a lover of all things orderly/tidy, that...

• Ed
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
Found this with Google;  2003 FORETRAVEL GV320 - 5000 (ROCKWALL) : rvs : in Dallas Classifieds |...
Learn something new every day.

I bought that coach in February 2013. Actually made the deal...

• Ed
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #17
I really like the GV320, but there's no doubt that they lacked demand from actual buyers if only a handful (15 ?) were built over 4 years.  I'm puzzled that so few ordered them.  For the people...

Reply #18
What is the difference between the 2002 and the 2003 GV320?  NADA show a significant dollar spread difference.  I am looking at a 2003 4020, single slide with tag axle.  I have owned 1989, 1990 and 1992 Grand Villa unihomes.

Reply #19
Can't answer your question, but I can tell you the NADA book values on motorhomes are pretty meaningless.

Beamalarm.com is no help, cuz it only lists the specs for the 2001 GV320.

Foretravel brochures, specifications and manuals Information Links