Skip to main content
Topic: Hidden (Secret) Switches (Read 1264 times) previous topic - next topic

Hidden (Secret) Switches

While running a new switched 12v positive wire from the ignition switch to the overhead cabinets for the new MCD shades I noticed these 2 switches mounted under the dash panel cover.  The switch on the left is a simple on/off switch.  the one on the right is spring loaded  to the middle toggle switch that will rock both up and down.  I have absolutely no idea what they control.  Any help out there?

Thanks, Nick
Nick
1999 U295 40'

Re: Hidden (Secret) Switches

Reply #1
Maybe the switches you use for diagnosing retrieving ABS brake system codes?  I think if you do a search here you'll find something on that.

Good luck,
chris
1996 U295 36' WTBI

Reply #2
I believe Chris has it right.  A search for "blink switches" provides many results, including this one:

More questions from a new owner
2019 Pleasure Way Lexor

Reply #3
Nick  I don't want to steer anyone wrong but after a year of wondering and reading a lot of threads on these switches I discovered that the spring loaded switch controls my idle. With the engine running I can toggle the switch up to increase the idle and down to decrease. I can't remember how much it goes up or down at each operation of the switch but you might try it. Works for me.

Donald & Cheryl
1999 U295 36'
2006 Saturn Vue Toad
The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #4
I found two mystery switches under the cowling of my 1997 U320 while working on the dash AC. One of them increased/decreased  the idle and the other switch turned the tachometer on/off. I assume they were added by a PO because the labeling was not correct.
Steven
1997 U320 40'  Orlando, FL
"Purple Haze"