Skip to main content
Topic: Three switches under dash cover? (Read 1283 times) previous topic - next topic

Three switches under dash cover?

I began exploring under the three front dash covers.  Under the cover behind the instruments I found these three switches. What are they?
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Re: Three switches under dash cover?

Reply #1
I think at least one of them is a test switch for the ABS system.  I do not have these, but seem to remember reading about them.  I think you press the switch, and something flashes and you tell by the number of flashes what code you're looking for.  You might try searching "ABS light" or something similar.
1996 U295 36' WTBI

Reply #3
Thanks.  Search is my friend (repeat). 🤔
Sarasota, Florida
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #4
Don't have them in our coach.  I find many references to 2 under dash switches, but you seem to have a extra one.  Guess you got the optional extra cost Deluxe Mystery Switch package.  8)
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #5
The third switch label is garbled...either warp speed or ejection seat?
Sarasota, Florida

Reply #6
Randy, Do your search, but I think one changes the idle speed and one is to check on error codes from the ECM.

1998 U320 40'
2005 GMC Yukon
MC# 17609