Skip to main content

Topic: Safe T Plus (Read 882 times) previous topic - next topic

Safe T Plus
Does anyone know specifically which Safe T Plus product and Kit will fit my 1996 36' U295?

I don't see that age unit listed on their website.  Do any of you have one?

Re: Safe T Plus
Reply #1
I put one on our 03, but do not remember the number. I am pretty sure that yours takes the same one. Otherwise  contact Safe T Plus

Reply #2
I also had a Safety T Plus put on my 2003 U295. It made a big difference in handling. Money well spent. Just call the company in Georgia. They will fix you up. I put the largest one offered on my FT. Be aware, in my case the Safety T Plus came...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #3
I put one on our 03, but do not remember the number. I am pretty sure that yours takes the same one. Otherwise  contact Safe T Plus

Thanks RT, I think I found it exploring their pdf rather than...

Reply #4
I have one and wouldn't drive without one.

Reply #5
I have one and wouldn't drive without one.

^.^d  ^.^d
Provided a significant improvement in tracking, plus added control in blowouts, dropping off road edge.  Well worth it.  One of the best mods of...

Reply #6
Exceptional product and exceptional mfg.  Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. 

Reply #7
Steering stabilizers can hide problems-wrong wheel alignment, front end wear, wrong tire pressures, unbalanced loading, etc.  They're OK for insurance, but our coaches shouldn't need them as a matter of course.

Reply #8
Steering stabilizers can hide problems-wrong wheel alignment, front end wear, wrong tire pressures, unbalanced loading, etc.  They're OK for insurance, but our coaches shouldn't need them as...

Reply #9
Curious, what's the cost ball park?

Reply #10
Alan, I think mine was about $250.  If you don't mind getting under the coach it's an easy DIY project. On my coach it made a huge difference in handling when an 18 wheeler blows by. The blowout 'assistance' feature is something I hope we never...

Reply #11
It gave me peace of mind in case of blow out of a front tire. So for me it was worth it.

Reply #12
Alan, I think mine was about $250.  If you don't mind getting under the coach it's an easy DIY project. On my coach it made a huge difference in handling when an 18 wheeler blows by. The...

Reply #13

Reply #14
I agree with Brett's post.

My rv biz experience was that these things covered up incorrect other things.

Periodic removal of the system and complete professional inspection of the coaches entire suspension then reinstallation would allow the unit...

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Kathie,

You should not have had those problems.  Take it to a good alignment shop and have everything checked over.  When all is within  specs it should drive well.  Only then then have it realigned.   Now you can put the Safe T Plus on.

Ask on...

Reply #16
Agree with above advice - get the basic factory suspension lined out first, then install the "add-ons".

As far as labor cost to install, should not be very much.  Unit simply bolts on - one bracket on the axel, and the other onto the steering...

Reply #17
These are my best recommendation for Safe t plus sales and service.  henderson alignment grants pass - Penelusuran Google

Grants Pass RV and Auto Repair - Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.

Reply #18
Kathie,

You should not have had those problems.  Take it to a good alignment shop and have everything checked over.  When all is within  specs it should drive well.  Only then then have...

Reply #19
These are my best recommendation for Safe t plus sales and service.  henderson alignment grants pass - Penelusuran Google
wow.. I wish they were closer. Henderson's sounds perfect. I am...

Reply #20
I like my blue ox tru center way better than my old safe t plus and both of them better than the steer safe I had.

Reply #21
I just had my alignment and front end checked out and was good to go.  Based on this thread I got a quote for the Safe T.  They wanted 900 plus for the Safety + another 170 or so for a custom bracket.  3.5 hours for install at 95 per, a new...

Reply #22
I just had my alignment and front end checked out and was good to go.  Based on this thread I got a quote for the Safe T.  They wanted 900 plus for the Safety + another 170 or so for a...

Reply #23
Just an FYI, if you are going through or near the Atlanta area, Safe T Plus is on the west side. They will make an appointment and install for the cost of the unit. Mine was installed, road tested and adjusted in a couple of hours. Might be worth...

Reply #24
I like my blue ox tru center way better than my old safe t plus and both of them better than the steer safe I had.

I would consider the Blue Ox, but seems they do not make one for my 1995...