Skip to main content

Topic: Entry Door "opensezame" NOT (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

Entry Door "opensezame" NOT
We're leaving  tomorrow for Yellowstone via Lake Wallowa OR, Hells Canyon, Stanley ID. Sawtooth Mountains and Jackson WY. And probably a bunch of stuff in between. Here's my dilemma, the entry way door doesn't want to open.

I just came back from...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Entry Door "opensezame" NOT
Reply #1
That bolt you are talking about has been mentioned before. It is supposed to float. If it gets moved by a shirt or something you need to center it with the door.

Reply #2
Thanks Craneman,
The bolt/striker was tight and hadn't moved. Once I got it loosened I did however adjust it several times looking for the best position.  I might try that again tomorrow

Reply #3
I also have a similar issue.  Mine will sometimes bind when air levelers are  being used.  If I air up with engine running, the lock will not bind, and open.

Knowing this, I now always check if lock Is binding before leaving on air leveling.

This...

Reply #4
Thanks Craneman,
The bolt/striker was tight and hadn't moved. Once I got it loosened I did however adjust it several times looking for the best position.  I might try that again tomorrow

My...

Reply #5
I also have a similar issue.  Mine will sometimes bind when air levelers are  being used.  If I air up with engine running, the lock will not bind, and open.

Knowing this, I now always...

Reply #6
Our shoulder bolt "floats" too. I would always catch my shirt or jacket on it, and it had a sharp point that would occasionally cut my arm. I removed it and filed down the sharp edge, then made the mistake of tightening it too much. After getting...

Reply #7
Regarding the "wedge" at the top of the door:  That is for keeping the door open and the cable is connected to the inside (black) handle, requiring it to  be pulled in order to release the wedge.  Hope I'm making the right reference and not...

Reply #8
 So we're all on the same page get a number two Phillips screwdriver and simulate closing the latch assembly on the door with the door opened  stand outside with the door open so you're able to swing it back-and-forth to gain access to the inside...

Reply #9
Regarding the "wedge" at the top of the door:  That is for keeping the door open and the cable is connected to the inside (black) handle, requiring it to  be pulled in order to...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Thanks Sven, that's what I thought I'll probably straighten that out. It is bent up(?)John, that was the first thing I did. the latch closes with minimal pressure and opens from both the...

• MAZ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Hello Mobius,
   I just recently had the same thing happen on my coach after it was serviced. The tech was not instructed on how to close the door from the service advisor. I had instructed him on how it operated and he did not pass it on to the...

Reply #12
Thanks Jack, it's definitely not the lock as I was on the inside the first time we had the issue and moved the lock several times thinking that was the problem. It still opened hard in the...

Reply #13
Eric,

Here is some info you need to look over that will explain how your latch should work. PTL Preferred Door Latch Adjustment
Mike

Reply #14
1995 U280 entry door with a different unlock problem.  Had to climb in a rear window to open the door with the lower latch. That was working fine on the inside but exterior latch would not open the door.  Ended up taking the latch post off to...

Reply #15
I have had a problem with the entry door gasket sticking to the door frame.

Use a  super sensitive, nuclear powered pry bar, starting at the upper left corner, while holding the outside latch in the open position.

After opening use a rag and...