Skip to main content
Topic: Insurance Renewal Time (Read 1327 times) previous topic - next topic

Insurance Renewal Time

My favorite time of the year: Insurance Renewal.

Background: We have owned our coach going on 5 years, so we only have 4 years of experience with the RV insurance game.  We have been going through Overland Insurance Services the whole time, based on glowing recommendations of Forum members.  Our policy through them is written by Nationwide (Allied).  We have a basic "Part Timers" policy, with $500k Combined Single Limit on the liability items, $500 deductible on the physical damage, and ACV settlement option.  We have had zero claims in that time, and yet our premiums have been steadily increasing.  We went from $378 in 2013 to $582 this past year.  Now they tell me our premium will jump up another 28% to $745 for the next year!  Something needs to change...

I called Overland, and they are getting bids from the "other carriers" they represent, who can do business in Texas.  Haven't heard back from them yet.  They asked me if I want to lower the "value" of our coach.  I have it listed at $30k, which I think is pretty reasonable.  That is what we paid for it 5 years ago, and we have put (at least) another $30k into it doing interior upgrades and adding a complete solar system.  I said there was no way I could replace our coach with one in similar condition for less than $30k, so I wanted to stick with that number.  Besides, since we have the "ACV" (Actual Cash Value) settlement option, in case of a total loss they would never actually pay me $30k so why do they care where I set the value?

I also have a bid I got from Progressive by going through USAA (our home and auto insurer).  They say they will write a policy that is (best I can tell) equal to the one we have now for $566.  If I change carriers, I would lose the $600 "vanishing deductible" credit we have built up on our current policy, and start over building the credit, with a initial $500 deductible on the new policy.

At the same time, I am also looking at our Coach-net coverage.  Their premiums have also been going up each year...from $95 (2013) to $169 for the coming year.  Since the RV policy we now have includes a "Roadside Assistance" benefit, I wonder if we really get any worthwhile additional benefit from the Coach-net coverage.  I have linked (below) to the current benefit guide for their motorhome policy.  It is worth your time to read through it, and make sure you understand what you are getting for your premium.  For instance, as noted by one of our members in a recent thread, they do not cover the cost of bringing a new tire out to your location and mounting it on your wheel in place of a damaged tire:

"Flat Tire - Changing of your vehicle's flat tire using the vehicle's mounted and inflated spare tire, or for towing of your vehicle to a repair facility. The cost of any replacement tire, alignment, mounting and balancing is not covered."

https://coach-net.com/Portals/0/Benefit%20Guides/Premier%20Coach_SAMPLE_0718.pdf?ver=2018-07-10-122352-993

So, if you don't want your coach getting towed just cuz you have a flat, and you don't carry a good mounted spare tire on a wheel, then most of the cost of fixing a blown tire is on your dime.  Just food for thought.

Comments?  Any pertinent recent experience?  Recommendations?  I have a month to make a decision, so no rush...

1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Re: Insurance Renewal Time

Reply #1
We are currently insurance shopping,we are getting quotes from State Farm after hearing about the expierience Roger had with
them after his air filter got wet and he had to get an engine rebuild.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #2
My favorite time of the year: Insurance Renewal.

Background: We have owned our coach going on 5 years, so we only have 4 years of experience with the RV insurance game.  We have been going through Overland Insurance Services the whole time, based on glowing recommendations of Forum members.  Our policy through them is written by Nationwide (Allied).  We have a basic "Part Timers" policy, with $500k Combined Single Limit on the liability items, $500 deductible on the physical damage, and ACV settlement option.  We have had zero claims in that time, and yet our premiums have been steadily increasing.  We went from $378 in 2013 to $582 this past year.  Now they tell me our premium will jump up another 28% to $745 for the next year!  Something needs to change...

I called Overland, and they are getting bids from the "other carriers" they represent, who can do business in Texas.  Haven't heard back from them yet.  They asked me if I want to lower the "value" of our coach.  I have it listed at $30k, which I think is pretty reasonable.  That is what we paid for it 5 years ago, and we have put (at least) another $30k into it doing interior upgrades and adding a complete solar system.  I said there was no way I could replace our coach with one in similar condition for less than $30k, so I wanted to stick with that number.  Besides, since we have the "ACV" (Actual Cash Value) settlement option, in case of a total loss they would never actually give me $30k so why do they care where I set the value?

I also have a bid I got from Progressive by going through USAA (our home and auto insurer).  They say they will write a policy that is (best I can tell) equal to the one we have now for $566.  If I change carriers, I would lose the $600 "vanishing deductible" credit we have built up on our current policy, and start over building the credit, with a initial $500 deductible on the new policy.

At the same time, I am also looking at our Coach-net coverage.  Their premiums have also been going up...from $95 (2013) to $169 for the coming year.  Since the RV policy we now have includes a "Roadside Assistance" benefit, I am wondering if we really get any worthwhile additional benefit from the Coach-net coverage.  I have linked (below) to the current benefit guide for their motorhome policy.  Worth your time to read through it, and make sure you understand what you are getting for your premium.  For instance, as noted by one of our members in a recent thread, they do not cover the cost of bringing a new tire out to your location and mounting it on your wheel in place of the blown tire.  All they cover is:

"Flat Tire - Changing of your vehicle's flat tire using the vehicle's mounted and inflated spare tire, or for towing of your vehicle to a repair facility. The cost of any replacement tire, alignment, mounting and balancing is not covered."

https://coach-net.com/Portals/0/Benefit%20Guides/Premier%20Coach_SAMPLE_0718.pdf?ver=2018-07-10-122352-993

So unless you carry a good mounted spare tire on a wheel, most of the cost of fixing a flat is on your dime.  Just food for thought.

Comments?  Thoughts?  Recommendations?

Good info on the tire change. CoachNet also tried to raise my yearly rate to $169, I called them to cancel, and they quickly said they could give me the same $99 rate but it would not provide coverage for any other vehicles I own. Overland also said my rates world be 20% more this year. I ended up with my house insurance company, Allstate, which just recently lowed all their mh insurance rates. But only about 10% cheaper than my present policy.

Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #3
I heard back from Overland.  They said they can provide the same exact coverage we have now, but through Progressive, for $593/year.  That is in basically the same price ballpark as the quote I got directly from Progressive (going through USAA).  I would have to see both quotes in writing, to be sure they are exactly the same coverage.

So, by switching to Progressive, we could save between $150 and $180 per year.  That seems worthwhile, so I will consider it.

This brings up another point.  What is the benefit (to me) of buying insurance through a insurance agency like Overland?  I always assumed that they would go out each year and secure me the least expensive price for the coverage I desired on our coach.  Clearly, I have been wrong in this assumption.  It seems they will just keep selling you the same policy, from the same underwriter, regardless of premium increases, unless you call to request a change or review of coverage.  Only THEN will they look into other options, some of which might possibly save you some money.  From this, I have deduced that you must be proactive on this matter, and not assume you are getting the best available deal from your agent.

Live and learn!

Reply #4
  I have learned that you must be proactive on this matter, and not assume you are getting the best available deal from your agent. Live and learn!
True Dat! We pay $800.00 a year with Foremost, which is $35,000.00 full coverage. I'm glad this thread keeps coming up, as we're where the 'broker' is and the question I've been meaning to get straight is, 'Is our 'stuff' (computers, cameras, t.v., compressor, etc. covered?" I will do it next week and report back.  ^.^d
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #5
Is our 'stuff' (computers, cameras, t.v., compressor, etc. covered?"
Mike,

That is a good question to ask your agent, especially since you are full-time!  Is your stuff covered, and for what monetary amount?  Is it covered for "actual cash value" or for "replacement cost"?  Are certain high-dollar items excluded, like jewelry or cameras or computers?

Our current policy has a line called "Replacement Cost Personal Effects", which might be what you are asking about.  The limit on our policy for that item is $1000 (listed under the "Each Person" column, so does that mean $2000 total for both of us?).

There is another line called "Custom Equipment", which also has a $1000 limit.  What does it cover?  I don't know.

At least this renewal season has me looking much more closely at our policy, and learning how much I don't know.

Reply #6
Your main risk is liability.  Lose the coach and contents and you can still make it somehow.    Get sued for a bunch of bucks and you might be out tens of thousands on defense if you aren't covered properly.    Homeowner policy has protection that an RV policy doesn't unless it's designed properly.  If you full time and don't have a homeowners policy in place talk to your agent.  Most on this forum should have a liability umbrella because most folks on here may not be rich but we aren't broke either.   
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #7
Chuck,
we too have American General Thru Overland. When we changed from part time to full time we expected our rate to increase.  It actually decreased because of the address change to Livingston from Lubbock. Guess it's all those crazy Tech kids driving and texting. Maybe something to do with all the hail storms and tornados....who knows. 

I asked about why go thru an agent instead of going straight to the insurance company (Progessive etc...).  If anything goes wrong you call your agent and they get things going and you're not on the phone all day talking to 5 different people trying to do the same thing. Kinda makes sense.
Bruce & Teresa
2000 U320 4010
2015 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #8
We went with progressive thru USAA. Seemed like the best, although expensive. I don't remember exactly how much it was.
Seemed like good coverage. Insured at 65k.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #9
I have Erie Insurance I was very surprised at the rate considering the previous owner was paying $1,000.00 annually.
Philip M Mahoney

1985 V917 Cat3208 w/ Allison auto 4 speed
build #7433

Reply #10
We go with COSTCO / Ameriprise for the house, cars and RV.
No complaints.
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.

Reply #11
Cost for insurance depends on numerous things;  where your coach is licensed;  your physical address;  dollar amount you are insuring the coach for;  full time vs. part-time; the amount of deductible;  personal property (camera, jewelry, etc.)  There is no one size fits all.  We have had State Farm, Foremost and now have Progressive through USAA.  So far, this is the least expensive, just not sure if it is the best coverage.  When we go full time again, we are now looking at South Dakota for a domicile and again Montana for an LLC.  There are advantages and disadvantages to these domiciles that are suggested out there on the internet.  Do your homework and decide what is best for you. 
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #13
Referring back to my Reply #3, we have decided to switch to Progressive.  I have talked to Travis Breedlove at Overland, and to the online reps at Progressive.  It doesn't matter if we buy our policy from Overland, or directly from Progressive (but going through the USAA portal) - the price is exactly the same.  I am going to go with Progressive through USAA, but this is not due to any problems with Overland.  It's just that we already have our car and house covered by USAA, so it will simplify and consolidate things to also get our motorhome coverage through them.

I am also dropping our Coach-Net coverage when it comes up for renewal in November.  The Progressive reps and Travis B. both claim that the "Roadside Assistance" coverage included in my Progressive quote is equal in all respects to Coach-Net, except that Progressive does not include your other vehicles in the coverage.  I can live without that for a savings of $169 per year.  Dropping Coach-Net is a calculated risk, but since we have never had a breakdown or a flat tire, I have so far had no way to personally judge the value of their service.  Hopefully, (knock wood) we will never need to use the breakdown coverage from Progressive either.

Reply #14
Your main risk is liability.  Lose the coach and contents and you can still make it somehow.    Get sued for a bunch of bucks and you might be out tens of thousands on defense if you aren't covered properly.  Most on this forum should have a liability umbrella because most folks on here may not be rich but we aren't broke either.
I want to thank Rick & Rhonda for their post a week ago in this thread (Reply #6).  I read it while I was busy searching for a new coach policy, and didn't think too much about it at the time.  But what they said kept eating at me, so today I decided to look into our liability coverage.  Thanks to them, I determined our liability coverage in both our USAA auto policy and our USAA home owners policy was set too low.  I also found out raising both of them to more realistic limits was surprisingly inexpensive.  After making a adjustment to both policies, my monthly (combination) premium payment only went up $5.

I then ran a quote on a USAA Umbrella liability policy, and found out it would only cost us $9 per month for one million coverage.  I decided to go ahead and sign up, but had a couple questions, so I had one of the USAA reps give me a call.  After we finalized the Umbrella policy and she got it issued, she said she would see how my overall combo premium would be effected.  It turns out, because USAA gives a nice discount for multiple policy holders, that my homeowners policy premium will go down about $10 per month after adding the Umbrella policy to our account.

SO, bottom line, we get the $1,000,000 Umbrella liability policy for ZERO additional expense!  COOL!  b^.^d

Anyway, THANKS Rick & Rhonda for bringing this matter to my attention.  Again, this Forum and its members prove to be a invaluable resource.

Reply #15
I just used Coach-Net, today, for the first time. Seems when we bought our new tires in Nac last week, the tech didn't tighten my valve stem well. Thank goodness, I checked the air pressure before our intended trip today. I was concerned about new tire/pressure etc.  They sent a tire repairman to our location in a reasonable, but somewhat lengthy time. He was very helpful. I was told, when I called Coach-Net, that I would be charged $35 labor plus whatever parts were needed. I didn't want to argue the point, at the time, but am confused as to why I would have to pay ANYTHING. I need to pursue this. I will seek the extra charges from Herman Powers Tire, where I purchased the new Toyos. I'll let you know if I encounter a problem. Thing is, we HAVE our insurance with Progressive, so according to the above statement, I better look into my roadside coverage options. I will call them, and figure out if I'm doubled up.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #16
Pay by the year and save more, and lower your risk of not being insured from a late payment.

Reply #17
Pay by the year and save more, and lower your risk of not being insured from a late payment.
USAA does not charge any additional fee for utilizing their monthly payment plan.  They bundle our car policy, house policy, and now the umbrella policy into one single monthly payment, automatically debited from our checking account (which is also with USAA Federal Savings Bank).

No chance of missing a payment.

Reply #18
Thing is, we HAVE our insurance with Progressive, so according to the above statement, I better look into my roadside coverage options. I will call them, and figure out if I'm doubled up.
Glenn,

You may or may not have roadside assistance on your Progressive coach policy, depending on what you asked for when you purchased it.

On the coach policy we just got with Progressive, the "Roadside Assistance" was a "extra cost" option - selecting it added $21 to the premium.

You can go to the Progressive online customer service site - log on - pull up your policy to see exactly what your coverage is:

https://account.progressive.com/access/login?cntgrp=A&session_start=true

Reply #19
My rationale for Coach Net (even though I have full timer Progressive Insurance through USAA affiliation) is that Coach Net answers quickly, knows about big rigs and towing requirements of a big rig, and locate a service provider for us.

Whether for roadside service, or for towing, they can find a provider of that service pretty much anywhere in the nation. Does the Progressive service do the same?
Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Reply #20
Whether for roadside service, or for towing, they can find a provider of that service pretty much anywhere in the nation. Does the Progressive service do the same?
At this point, I can only go by what I was told, both by a independent insurance agent (Travis Breedlove at Overland) and by the reps at the USAA sponsored Progressive customer service center.  They both insisted that Progressive would be able to meet or beat the service from Coach-Net, anyplace, anytime, and at a considerably reduced cost.  Only time will tell if this is true.

Reply #21
Several years ago were at an exit on I-40 in Arkansas with a failed ride height valve.  I couldn't convince anyone that it was something a truck repair place could handle and they wouldn't even look at the coach.  I called Coach-net and explained our situation.  They got our location and said they would call back shortly.  They sent me back to one of the places that had already refused to look at it and told me who to ask for.

That place got us right in and the tech removed the ride height valve.  He and I went to the Peterbilt place across the road (who had already told me they wouldn't have such a thing) and they matched up one.  We were back on the road within two hours after calling Coach-net.  I think the whole bill was about $225.

State Farm (that I'm with) or Progressive or any other insurance company would not have had a tech available who could explain to a shop what we needed and get us in.  As far as I'm concerned Coach-net has already earned whatever their premium will be for the rest of our coach years. 
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #22
I'm still thinking about the Roadside Assistance coverage question.  Rick's comments (I'm considering his insurance industry background) have prompted me to take a closer look at this subject.  To cut down on typing, I will shorten Roadside Assistance to RA.

If I leave out Good Sam (and I am leaving out Good Sam), then as I see it there are 4 popular choices in this market, as follows.

The cheapest solution is to add the RA coverage to my new Progressive RV insurance policy.  In my case, that's $21 per year.  Reading the fine print, I see that USAA (my auto insurer) and Progressive (now my coach insurer) both use Cross Country Automotive Services (AGERO) to provide this service.  Doing a Google search on that outfit does not give me a lot of confidence in their ability to provide motorhome specific repair and towing services.  They seem to be the provider for most of the "free" RA benefits you get when you buy a new car, but their online reviews are pretty terrible.  Locating someone to tow or repair a diesel pusher is most likely NOT in their area of expertise.

My next cheapest (or should I say least expensive) choice would be the RA benefit available through FMCA.  Including my regular membership fee ($50) plus the RA fee ($69) brings the one year total to $119.  There are discounts available for multi-year contracts.  FMCA uses the SafeRide Motor Club to provide their RA services.  SafeRide seems to be a better known and more established player in this market, and I suppose would be better qualified to handle motorhome breakdowns.

My third choice would be Escapees.  They also use SafeRide to provide their service, so would theoretically be comparable to FMCA, but it would require a close scrutiny of the fine print to know for sure.  Assuming they are the same, cost through Escapees would be my regular membership fee of $40 plus RA fee of $99 for a total of $139.  Once again, you might save some money with a multi-year subscription.

Finally, we have Coach-Net.  As a current subscriber, they offer me a renewal rate of $169 for the coming year.  Jim C. mentioned in his earlier post that he got them to drop it to $99 by removing coverage of "other vehicles".  There seems to be strong consensus on this and other online forums that Coach-Net is the best choice in the motorhome RA market, although that does not mean they will always do a good job in every situation.  What they do will depend a lot (it seems) on the professionalism of the customer service rep who answers the phone when you call, what kind of towing/repair services are located near where you break down, time of day and week, and a myriad of other variables.  In other words, the best RA service can still send you a incompetent tow truck driver who destroys your coach and charges the insurance company 1000's of dollars.  It's a crap shoot.

I'm undecided.  We have never needed RA in 5 years of coach ownership, but we also have not used our coach as much as I would like to.  The more you drive, the more likely it is that you will experience a serious breakdown.  I guess, if I can get Coach-Net to come down a bit on their renewal premium, that I will go ahead and stick with them.  Either way, I would keep the $21 RA benefit in our new Progressive policy, just as a back-up plan.  Gotta think about it some more...

Comments, advice and dire warnings from the Collective are cheerfully accepted!  :help:

Reply #23
I have Progressive with RA coverage through USAA.  The first week I owned the coach, I found a flat, dismounted inner rear tire (the day after new tires put on by Les Schwab) and put a call into Progressive on a Sunday.  Their contract RA servicing contact at Agero couldn't do onsite tire repair/remounting...would only change to the spare, which I don't have, or take the wheel to a shop for tire repair at my expense...dumb.  Ended up getting Schwab to send their service truck on Monday morning to remount the tire at the campground, but had to go to Harbor Freight to buy a jack to relieve the excess weight off the good rear tire in the meantime.  So, I think Progressive is definitely geared more to cars and trailers, not larger motor coaches.  Just saying. 

I'm still thinking about the Roadside Assistance coverage question.  Rick's comments (I'm considering his insurance industry background) have prompted me to take a closer look at this subject.  To cut down on typing, I will shorten Roadside Assistance to RA.

If I leave out Good Sam (and I am leaving out Good Sam), then as I see it there are 4 popular choices in this market, as follows.

The cheapest solution is to add the RA coverage to my new Progressive RV insurance policy.  In my case, that's $21 per year.  Reading the fine print, I see that USAA (my auto insurer) and Progressive (now my coach insurer) both use Cross Country Automotive Services (AGERO) to provide this service.  Doing a Google search on that outfit does not give me a lot of confidence in their ability to provide motorhome specific repair and towing services.  They seem to be the provider for most of the "free" RA benefits you get when you buy a new car, but their online reviews are pretty terrible.  Locating someone to tow or repair a diesel pusher is most likely NOT in their area of expertise.

My next cheapest (or should I say least expensive) choice would be the RA benefit available through FMCA.  Including my regular membership fee ($50) plus the RA fee ($69) brings the one year total to $119.  There are discounts available for multi-year contracts.  FMCA uses the SafeRide Motor Club to provide their RA services.  SafeRide seems to be a better known and more established player in this market, and I suppose would be better qualified to handle motorhome breakdowns.

My third choice would be Escapees.  They also use SafeRide to provide their service, so would theoretically be comparable to FMCA, but it would require a close scrutiny of the fine print to know for sure.  Assuming they are the same, cost through Escapees would be my regular membership fee of $40 plus RA fee of $99 for a total of $139.  Once again, you might save some money with a multi-year subscription.

Finally, we have Coach-Net.  As a current subscriber, they offer me a renewal rate of $169 for the coming year.  Jim C. mentioned in his earlier post that he got them to drop it to $99 by removing coverage of "other vehicles".  There seems to be strong consensus on this and other online forums that Coach-Net is the best choice in the motorhome RA market, although that does not mean they will always do a good job in every situation.  What they do will depend a lot (it seems) on the professionalism of the customer service rep who answers the phone when you call, what kind of towing/repair services are located near where you break down, time of day and week, and a myriad of other variables.  In other words, the best RA service can still send you a crappy tow truck driver who will destroy your coach and still charge the insurance company 1000's of dollars.  It's a crap shoot.

I'm undecided.  We have never needed RA in 5 years of coach ownership, but we also have not used our coach as much as I would like to.  The more you drive, the more likely it is that you will experience a serious breakdown.  I guess, if I can get Coach-Net to come down a bit on their renewal premium, that I will go ahead and stick with them.  Either way, I would keep the $21 RA benefit in our new Progressive policy, just as a back-up plan.  Gotta think about it some more...

Comments, advice and dire warnings from the Collective are cheerfully accepted!  :help:
2001 4010 U320 build #5865 "Bluto-d-Bus" since 09/18
2006 Honda Element ESP Toad
Full timing since 2016 in Western MT
Copilot: Sitka
1975 GMC 260 Avion: sold

Reply #24
I think Progressive is definitely geared more to cars and trailers, not larger motor coaches.
Agreed - that is also my impression.  Your tire incident points out one of the real weaknesses in all RA programs when it comes to motorhomes.  I think a flat or blown tire is probably one of the MOST common reasons a motorhome would be stranded on the side of the road, yet the best of the RA service providers are not willing to send a repair truck that can deal with that exact problem.  I pointed out in my first post in this thread the wording in the Coach-Net agreement about tire repair.  They apparently don't want to repair or replace a tire at your breakdown location.  All they will do is install the mounted spare tire that you provide, or tow your coach to a tire store.  I'm pretty sure the other RA programs include similar restrictions.  Well, that's fine for most cars and light trucks - they usually do carry a mounted spare.  Not so with the majority of motorhomes.