Skip to main content

Topic: Twig's Travelogue (Read 4114 times) previous topic - next topic

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Twig's Travelogue
We are traveling with Twig down towards Mazatlan. We just left Guaymas, yesterday, after staying at the Hotel Playa de Cortez. They have about 55 RV spots, but were not busy, at all. We enjoyed two days there, and I was told that most folks only...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Twig's Travelogue
Reply #1
Glenn,keep is updated all the time as I know there are many wanting to hear your first impressions etc.
Where are you staying in Maz, the one I gave you is popular and good hook ups. Easy bus ride to the Old Town etc.

Have fun.
JhonH

Reply #2
I'll sure be listening.  We traveled (by plane) to Cancun and on to Tulum fo 11 years in a row.  Now I'm sure missing the that first warm step off the plane after leaving Portland in the snow.  

We'd love to caravan down there next year, just...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Twig is fun to be with.. Great guide in all things Mexico!!

Count me in for the updates ^.^d

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Nice to hear the replies. John, we are staying at Tres Amigos RV Park. We intend to do a lot of exploring the area. Amy is a " world traveler", so there is always the possibility that we will expand the adventure. You never know where we will end...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
We decided to stay here until Tuesday
We are the ONLY rv's here
Have the beach to ourselves
Here's some pics

Reply #6
Very cool! Thanks for the posts. UnRally Caravan sounds good, so keep it up. Nos Vemos!

Reply #7
Please keep us all up to date as the story unfolds...be safe and you all have a great adventure.  We'll miss you in Q this year.

Reply #8
Where are you staying in Mazatlan? Mazatlan RV Parks: Mazatlan RV Parks: recommended trailer parks, GPS info, descriptions, websites . After a few days, check out Pariso Miramar just south of San Blas. About four hours south of Mazatlan in an RV....

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
We like to check out who makes the best camerones en mojo de ajo. Yesterday, we had fresh, breaded and deep fried. Mama hand dipped each shrimp and perfectly fried them golden brown. Coming from Charleston, and working on my buddy's shrimp boat,...

Reply #10
We stayed at Huatabampito in 2015 and really enjoyed it. (I sent some of this info to Twig via Facebook.) We also stayed in Mazatlán at Mar Rosa in the gold zone, on the beach; and at Punta Cerritos on the north end of Mazatlán. Both had...

Reply #11
Is that an International Scout toad?

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
I hear rumor that it is mosquito city down near San Blas.  Should we invest in lots of Deet??

Reply #13
Tim, that is a '79 Scout II toad. I am the 2nd owner; I bought it in Oct '84.

Glen & Amy, we used a lot of Off in San Blas. We stepped out of the rv and the mosquitos came out of the grass by the millions!

roger

Reply #14
Deet/Off are good to have on board in San Blas. Take swimming gear for the big natural pool at the end of the jungle trip. The old fort is worth a hike. This is where a lot of trade ships sailed from during Spain's time in power.

Puerto Vallarta...

Reply #15
I agree Pierce and Gaylie,

All those places are great. We enjoyed Melaque except for the road in to the rv park; can't remember the name. We were backed up against a fence looking out at the beach; very pretty. But, that last 1/2 mile or so to get...

Reply #16
RV'in in Mexico is in my future so thanks for the posts. I will be reading each one.

Reply #17
OK, the scout toad is the best.  Crude as hell, but off the charts cool factor - my first "car" was an ex USPS right hand drive 2WD Scout.  Bought for $100, sold four years later for $100.  OK, sorry for the Hijack

Am planning to go south to MX in...

Reply #18
We have close to 50,000 coach miles south of the border.  Down the east coast, out the Yucatan, over to Chipas, southern west coast and a lot of time in our favorite area, the colonial central highlands.

Sadly, many of our favorite CG's are no...

Reply #19
We love it down there! Have driven down the west coast, across Guatemala through Belize and up the east coast. Mayan country is our favorite. Great seafood on the east coast. Here's a pic I got in Guatemala, used in a record album cover:

Reply #20
I headed to Mazatlan as soon as I got my driver's license when I was 14. Been down for fun or business over 100 times without any major problems. Drove a Fiat 850 Sport Coupe without a starter motor from Santa Barbara down the Pacific Coast of...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
We really liked Huatabampito and considered staying longer, but chose to head south to Mr. Moro RV park in Las Glorias. This was out of the Church 2009 edition. We rarely call ahead. BIG MISTAKE. It is closed, and we are drycamping tonight. The...

Reply #22
In 2015 we went to Las Glorias looking for Mr Moro rv park; found it. But, it had been severely damaged by a hurricane a year or so before and had been closed. However, the was a caravan of 12 or 15 rigs had prior reservations and they reopened...

Reply #23
Would anyone that is going to Q this year consider taking a trip down the peninsula to La Paz right after Q?

Reply #24
Copy/pasted from your other post:

Rick,

Have you been down there before? Great drive if you have your ducks in a row. I've been down at least a dozen times since the early 1070's so know the fuel stops, etc. pretty well. We are headed down but may...