Skip to main content

Topic: Headlights differences for 2000 U320's (Read 770 times) previous topic - next topic

Headlights differences for 2000 U320's
Hello, new to the forum.   About to take the plunge on a 2000 U320 4010.

I noticed that there are 2000's that have different style headlights/front end caps.  Are there any major pro's/con's to these?  The model we are considering using the low...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Headlights differences for 2000 U320's
Reply #1
There was only one style by the factory when they were made.  The changes you see are from the upgrades that James Stallings designed over at Xtreme Paint and Graphics. They put out a lot more light and make night driving so much easier. You can...

Reply #2
Welcome to the Forum, ITguy!  Headlight conversions are cool.  Read all about it:

Xtreme Paint & Graphics Home

Reply #3
Here's another:   Headlights: Attaining Enlightenment

Glen

Reply #4
Thanks for putting me on the path.  That makes sense now... if they are not Ford lights they are basically custom... got it.
Starting research mode now..

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your search for a U320. Lots of good info here.. Mine has the conversion...

Reply #6
If you are handy, you can do a conversion yourself using the stock headlight buckets and modifying them to accept 5x7 glass lights utilizing an H4 light bulb.  Lots of fabrication involved, and it's not a completely finished product, but the...

Reply #7
The first step is to remove your stock headlights.  The inner light on each size is separate, the outer light is attached to the same bucket that the turn signal is attached to.  Take everything out and remove the marker light.  Remove the beige...

Reply #8
Next, use a dremmel to cut out the bucket, following the factory lines as shown here.  Take your time.  Undercut if you want and whittle away periodically test fitting the new 5x7 headlight bucket in from the front. 

Reply #9
Once the headlight bucket fits in the modified housing, you need to make a backing plate.  I made mine out of 3/4" plywood.  Eventually I will remake them out of a sheet of plastic, but this suffices for now.   I traced the back of the bucket to...

Reply #10
Install the new glass headlight housing into the bucket, and re-install the stock housing onto the mounting bucket and re-install onto the coach. 

I admit, my explanation is overly simplified.  I think I have probably two full weekends into the...

Reply #11
You will need to buy some electrical adapters.  These 9007 to H4 adapters have the right plugs, but you need to depin them and swap the position of the wires to match with the 9004 wiring of our stock head lights.   I will say, these plugs are...

Reply #12
Low Beams:

Reply #13
High Beams:

Reply #14
Future upgrades include re-wiring the lights so that all four low beams are on at the same time, and then adding relays to power the lights so they aren't powered through the switch.   I'll get some finished photos over the weekend, apparently I...

Reply #15
Evan, thanks for posting...thumbs up on your ingenuity and perseverance with this mod.  I'd considered the same route as I like the aggressive stance of the original low slung lights.  I will probably attempt this when I get time this summer.  ...

Reply #16
Evan, thanks for posting...thumbs up on your ingenuity and perseverance with this mod.  I'd considered the same route as I like the aggressive stance of the original low slung lights.  I will...

Reply #17
 Well done on the conversion  Even,  The Ford truck lights  are dim  due to running all power through the switch as you point out.  Adding a second switch or a relay  will improve them even more.  Googlelate Ford headlights.

Is there not a...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Think the lights are from a 92 Bronco,go to carid.com and put in the Bronco,you'll get lots of choices,have dealt with them,good
prices and fast shipping.Another choice would be Nilight.com,good quality led lights,you buy direct from them.

Reply #19
Well done on the conversion  Even,  The Ford truck lights  are dim  due to running all power through the switch as you point out.  Adding a second switch or a relay  will improve them...

Reply #20

Lots of
Well done on the conversion  Even,  The Ford truck lights  are dim  due to running all power through the switch as you point out.  Adding a second switch or a relay  will...

Reply #21
Think the lights are from a 92 Bronco,go to carid.com and put in the Bronco,you'll get lots of choices,have dealt with them,good
prices and fast shipping.Another choice would be Nilight.com,good...

Reply #22
Right on using an LED inside the stock housing/reflector . I was talking about the entire light .

Something like this;[LED DRL] FOR 1992-1996 FORD F150/F250/F350 BLACK AMBER BUMPER HEADLIGHTS/LAM...
 Or this ;92-96 FORD BRONCO F150/250/350...

Reply #23
Right on using an LED inside the stock housing/reflector . I was talking about the entire light .

Something like this;[LED DRL] FOR 1992-1996 FORD F150/F250/F350 BLACK AMBER BUMPER...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Agree on the Chinese junk,try the Nilight,it's Chinese but higher quality junk.