Skip to main content
Topic: Level system light (Read 517 times) previous topic - next topic

Level system light

With a departure for a rally tomorrow, I encountered a problem that hopefully has a simple solution.  During the last couple of days, I replaced the height adjuster valves on the two rear air bags.  Everything seemed to go well and I took it out for a test drive.  About three miles into the ride, the "level system" light on the dash came on along with the chime.  It stayed on during the ride back and has remained on despite my leveling the coach.  I read some previous letters where the slide sensor might be an issue so  I tried to move the slide out (dash light and chime still on).  The amber light came on, I pressed the switch and the red light came on but the slide would not extend.  Any ideas?

2000 U320 mid entry  #5688
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8

Re: Level system light

Reply #1
Not sure if the 2000 has an HWH reset button on the drivers console or not. 
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #2
If your room is not in there is a box under the bay that has green lights and if it is not green it will tell you where the issue is.  You also have a bypass switch in the big box to be able to move the coach if the slide is an issue.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #4
I talked to James at FT and he said that it has nothing to do with the air bags.  In keeping with something going wrong, just as I've fixed one issue, a completely unrelated problem appears.  James mentioned the light box, which shows the lower front light out.  I found this after my discussion with James.  He mentioned something about taking out the "end of the couch" to get to that one, which he also said was not as bad as the lower rear (J couch would have to come out). 

Has any one had to deal with the lower front lock issue?
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8

Reply #5
That lower front LED light on the HWH box in the basement turned out to be a "red herring", as it applies to my immediate problem; I'm glad that I didn't start dismantling the slide to find the sensor.  After reading through the HWH instructions, I came across my handwritten note from a couple of years ago:  "Turn salesman switch on".  I could not find this in any instructions about this from HWH or FT.  If I don't use the coach for several months, I start forgetting some of the details.  It isn't intuitive to think that there is another switch when the ignition and key pad switch are required (one would think that the ignition switch would provide the 12v needed).  Anyway, it is with a little embarrassment and irritation that I report that the mystery has been solved.  I will still need to get to the LED light, but at another time.

Hopefully, someone will come across this some years from now and it will save them some aggrivation.
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8