Skip to main content

Topic: 2002 U320 ISM Oil leak repair (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
2002 U320 ISM Oil leak repair
Please double check your part numbers before you begin

I had an oil leak at the rear of the motor and thought it was the valve cover gasket but after removal of the cover I found the orings on the injector harness was bad so I replaced both (2) of...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: 2002 U320 ISM Oil leak repair
Reply #1
After cleaning everything and getting dirt off I replaced the new seals and reinstalled the pulleys and the balancer. Replaced the belts with new ones

Started it up and ran for a moment and I will take it for a spin this weekend to see how I did.....

Reply #2
I personally think your engine is way too clean and you should be asked to leave the forum.  🙂

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Nice write up David!

Reply #4
Nice job with photos!  Awesome!

Reply #5
Good job David.

Reply #6
That's a lot deeper than most of us will go into our engines, but nice to know that it can be done!  Excellent photo report!

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Just for reference..

Cummins wanted over $3k to do this.. I bought the parts from ebay from 1 vendor, I could have saved over $100 if I would have shopped around but being all from 1 company made it easier for me if I have any issues..

Total time...

Reply #8
Excellant article, i very much appreciate the part numbers and most importantly the photos !
You Deserve a Ten plus on this article !

Safe Travels

Dave ,

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
This is the harness picture .. the blue Oring's go around the base of the plug and have a tendency to leak.

Had to find these pictures.. but here they are.. this is at the rear of the ingine that would be right when you lift the bed. easy access..

Reply #10
Those are some great shots of the valve lifting system.  I guess I've never seen a photo of the Cummins rocker arms...very interesting the way they sit at different angles.  All that mechanical stuff is packed in there pretty tight!

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Those are some great shots of the valve lifting system.  I guess I've never seen a photo of the Cummins rocker arms...very interesting the way they sit at different angles.  All that...