Skip to main content

Topic: Persistent Pump Light Problem (Read 393 times) previous topic - next topic

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Persistent Pump Light Problem
OK. I'll "'fess up,"....I filled my fresh water tank with the " fill button", even though I have installed a gravity fill......just " because "....
When it was full, I shut off the city water, but FORGOT to turn off the fill switch. Sometime later...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Persistent Pump Light Problem
Reply #1
I wonder if it could be the latching relay for the fill switches. Here's a photo of the one on our 99. It was located behind the fiberglass cover in the joey bed compartment.
jor

Reply #2
Glenn,

Sounds like the latching relay that controls that circuit is stuck or dead. Your should be hid in the basement on the 12VDC breaker panel.  This is behind the white removable fiberglass cover.  It should be on one of the basement walls on...

Reply #3
Sounds like the water pump latching relay is stuck ON.

Try a short, light rap on it-- perhaps the handle of a screwdriver.

Reply #4
My fill valve electrically  stuck open.  Removed power.  It closed.  Guru buddy mentioned an upgraded relay from Foretravel?

Reply #5
While there could be a problem with the fill valve, relay or wiring, it would be unrelated to "can't turn off pump"

Agree if fill valve is open, the pump would run.  But NOT if one turned off the pump.

Again, I would start with the pump latching...

Reply #6
On my coach I had the same issue.  The the fill switch outside was stuck and the pump kept cycling.  If you turn off the salesman switch it will release the latching relay and turn off the fill valve.  Then I would start with the outside fill...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Thanks for all the help....I'll get on it tomorrow.

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I hit the salesmen switch on and off. The lights on the pump switches turned off......BUT would NOT turn back on.
After a minor panic attack, I went outside to the water bay. After shooing off a huge spider, I noticed that the switch was neither...

Reply #9
Glenn, find a few spare momentary switches for when the lube doesn't work the next time.  They are harder to find than normal on/off switches.  I replaced a couple of my water pump switches with a momentary pushbutton switch so I have a spare. 

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Please let me know where I can get some. Thanks. will do. Are the switches that John mentioned above , not as good?? Or just a different kind of switch??

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Please let me know where I can get some. Thanks. will do. Are the switches that John mentioned above , not as good?? Or just a different kind of switch??
I have 2.

Reply #12
The pump and fill solenoid switches are momentary contact switches.  The provide a quick path to ground for the latching relay.  This causes the relay to latch or release.  Be sure to get the part number right on the above link to get a momentary...

Reply #13
Please let me know where I can get some. 
Are the switches that John mentioned above , not as good?? Or just a different kind of switch??
Glenn,
John linked to Mouser here is 2 more links to...

Reply #14
I tried the pushbutton switches because they are different shape and color from the other switches and let us push the button when hands are wet without fumbling around trying find the switch while water runs down the side of the cabinet.  So far...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Thanks, guys.....appreciated !!

Reply #16
I am looking for ones with a bigger button.

Roger,
This might fit the bill as we have had good luck with these.
PR144C1900 E-Switch | Switches | DigiKey

@ Glenn,
If you are looking...

Reply #17
Thanks Mike, I found the bigger ones earlier and ordered three. 

All of my pump switches trigger a timer circuit that when the time runs out grounds the latching relay turning off power to the pump.  If you press the button during the timing...