Skip to main content

Topic: Air filter (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Air filter
Just talked with another U300 owner who mentioned that the air filter listed in his manual was incorrect. He was away from his coach, so he couldn't tell me what the proper one was. FOT just changed mine and used a Fleetgard AF 1838. Is that...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Air filter
Reply #1
I just installed the Donaldson DBA5029 but had to fit the old foam gasket and punch a hole for the air restriction gauge. Only a one minute job and instant for the hole. But if your Fleetgard fits and draws air from the outside to the inside, I'm...

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Behind the rear tires.

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Dave I use the Napa gold part # 2610 it already has the hole. The donalson part # off my filter housing is p148043.

Reply #4
I should have made a more complete post on how I got the Donaldson filter and why I had to make the slight changes to it. The new Donaldson filter was for sale on our forum at a very attractive price. I measured ours and sent the measurements to...

Reply #5
Dave I use the Napa gold part # 2610 it already has the hole. The donalson part # off my filter housing is p148043.

I also replaced my Baldwin with a Napa Gold 2610 exact replacement. 

My air...

Reply #6
Jerry,

Ours was build in Oct of '92 so a very early 1993 model. I have all the pipe and tin box, just have to shake off this nasty cold and do it. Our canister actually had small branches in it. Super easy for rodents to make a home in there as...

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Keep us posted, Pierce. I'm wondering how you plan to work around that big black tank full of coolant. Getting to the tail lights on that side is enough of a project, thanks to that tank.

Reply #8
No, it's going to be really easy with the hardest part the attaching of the galvanized adaptor to the existing metal air intake so I can use a 6" round PVC pipe across the outside bottom of the radiator. Once it goes across the bottom, I already...