Skip to main content
Topic: Slide Issue (Read 544 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide Issue

We wanted to relocate our coach today, a few spaces from where we were parked. When I pulled in the slide, I didn't hear the pins engage. I put the slide out again two more times, no pins. I tried again, and it quit on me with two inches of slide out and the ding thingy....dinging. I got underneath and overrode the system, so that I could engage the tranny. I wasn't sure that the slide would go out.....but it did. Needless to say, I am a little apprehensive about the NEXT TIME  we have to relocate. If the pins don't want to engage, should I muscle the slide in from the inside??  I'm all ears.......
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Re: Slide Issue

Reply #1
Bring it in and when it is all the way have someone hold the button and push on the top of the slide to shake it a bit.  It is not sensing room in.  There are two magnet sensors that you might need to adjust too. On the side of the top pins. It is a short barrel shaped sensor.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #2
Glenn, your slide has only a time on the yellow light coming on to let you know it is OK to retract or extend the slide.  You must make sure the bladder has deflated.  When the slide is in you can easily see the top, upper corners and sown the sides.  When the slide is out you will be able to see both upper corners and parts of the ends.  There should be a 1/4" or more clearance.  It takes air pressure provided by the small HWH compressor to deflate the bladder. 

Reply #3
No problem with the bladder. Are you saying that I shouldn't have tried the in/out three times?? If I turn off the key, THEN I am dealing with bladder fill......My question concerns the pins, not the bladder.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #4
Just a caution.  If you cycle the slide a couple times it can use up the air faster than the small comoressor can keep up. 

If the bladder is deflated you should be able to rock the slide a bit to help it line up.  Do you have the HWH troubleshooting manual for your coach?

Reply #5
not sure
I'll look tomorrow
thanks
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT