Skip to main content
Topic: Turn Signal Beeper Work-around When Annunciator is Disconnected. (Read 816 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn Signal Beeper Work-around When Annunciator is Disconnected.

Jor asked ... What is the workaround? Thanks.

There is only a single turn signal flasher for the turn signals, it is in the power line to the turn signal switch.  In my coach the output from the turn signal switch is most easily accessed after the large rectangular plug that returns from the steering wheel.

A wire spliced into the left and right turn signal wires (with a diode to prevent feedback) powers the beeper.  The beeper still needs a ground.

Re: Turn Signal Beeper Work-around When Annunciator is Disconnected.

Reply #1

Just get a big diode.  3 amps.  They are handy for all sorts of science project stuff.  Use two if you need a bigger capacity one.
Amazon.com: Install Bay Diodes 3 Amp 20 Pack- D3: Car Electronics

Reply #2
I just put a piece of blue painter's tape over mine because I still want to hear it - just not SO loud.
1996 U295 36' WTBI

Reply #3
I did at 2:45 yesterday.  Resent it now.

Just splice into each one, add a diode to the spliced-in wires and then to the + side of the beeper.  These can be joined and a single wire to the beeper.

T1 Y/B goes to the left turn signals.
T2 G/B goes to the right turn signals.
The turn signal switch (lever) sends power to one or the other of these lines.
The wires you splice in send a signal to the beeper.  The diodes keep the +12v from going back to the other side.

The flasher is on the power coming to the turn signal switch.  As soon as current starts to flow the flasher starts turning on and off, beeper beeps, lights flash.

Reply #4
Roger,
  Just the info I need. Thanks.
jor