Skip to main content

Topic: Sound system ideas needed (Read 624 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound system ideas needed
Our 2000,  34' U270, has speakers in the windshield overhead and in the master bed which are hooked up to the dash stereo head unit.  This provides sound for radio and streaming via Bluetooth to our phone apps and Sirius unit (via the Aux input...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Sound system ideas needed
Reply #1
Our 2000,  34' U270, has speakers in the windshield overhead and in the master bed which are hooked up to the dash stereo head unit.  This provides sound for radio and streaming via...

Reply #2
Try some of the big online electronics distributers.  I get a couple catalogs each year from Crutchfield - they seem to carry a wide range of sound solutions.  There are others just as good...

Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro...

Reply #3
Sound bar?

Reply #4
We have a Bose Mini Sound Link.  Great sound.  Easy fit in a smaller spot. Depends on what you want.

Amazon.com: Bose soundlink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker:...

Reply #5
I've pulled the plug on the factory Bose unit and will remove it from the coach soon.  Here's why.  I bought this on a whim last year at Walmart so that I could have wireless sound at my dry campsite with the "other" coach.  Amazon.com: Anker...

Reply #6
I bought a Monoprice soundbar for $40 with a usb port so I can listen to all my downloaded music.  Tomorrow I'll try it out at the coach.  The Bose isn't working too well so if this works I'll mount it under the front cabinet by the tv.  I'm not...

• Carol & Scott
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
We did something similar in our 36,  Great sound - even if you are in the kitchen.   ^.^d 

Reply #8
Someone already pulled our Bose and added a real ugly sound bar under the TV and two more speakers that aren't hooked up that have to go.   They make it look like the TV has two big ears and a dirty chin, and the sound bar is in my...

Reply #9
Our OEM bose still works.  We have the front TV connected to it and a wired connection to plug in mobile devices.  There are wifi rcvrs you can get so that BlueTooth will work.  Most if the time it is easier to link to the Bose SoundLink Mini or...

Reply #10
We just had the original Bose system removed from our coach in favor of a soundbar.  David may still have the components.

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
If you wanted to keep things simple we use one of these Amazon.com: Bose soundlink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker: Home...  It's got surprisingly full sound for such a small device.

Reply #12
Someone already pulled our Bose and added a real ugly sound bar under the TV and two more speakers that aren't hooked up that have to go.   They make it look like the TV has two big ears and...

Reply #13
I'm heading from Oklahoma to Virginia right down I-40 for Christmas if you will be around.

Reply #14
I'm heading from Oklahoma to Virginia right down I-40 for Christmas if you will be around.

I sent you a message if we are home stop by
Chris

Reply #15
I cut shallow mount car audio speakers into the underside of the cabinets for surround sound but the same thing would work with a mono speaker in the kitchen area.  I can't get a picture right now but it looks very "stock" as long as you find an...

• Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:57:59 pm by rsihnhold

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Just get a good set of seperate speakers and a quality player and turn the volume up,would maybe get a subwoofer,surround
sound is good for movies but for music you can't beat stereo,if she want's it blaring in the ear get a set of wireless...

Reply #17
Thanks to all. We've decided not to run the wire and cut in new speaker(s). Karen will try our Bose Soundlink and stream content when she's in the kitchen.

Reply #18
We like our soundlink mini. We can put it any where it needs to be including outdoors.  Give it a try.

Reply #19
Computer audio devices are all small and high-end units may have what you are looking for.

For many years we have a great Logitech 5.1 system with front left & right, rear left & right speakers hanging from under side cabinets, plus center and...

Reply #20
I used Aiwa in-dash units for years because they sounded great and the bass was terrific.  I'm sorry they are no longer making them.

From my experience with Aiwa I'll bet this sounds great;
Amazon.com: Aiwa Exos-9 Portable Bluetooth Speaker:...

Reply #21
Aiwa was financed by Sony since 1969 and acquired and shut down by Sony in 2002.  For last 12 years I've had the best sound from Alpine.  You do get better sound from their $250 radio compared to their $150 radio.  I've had both. Check their...