Skip to main content
Topic: Windshield washer (Read 604 times) previous topic - next topic

Windshield washer

The windshield washer tank was badly broken when we got our Foretravel and I've never bothered replacing it. I'm thinking, though, that maybe I ought to do so. The original design has hoses running to each wiper blade, held on with a small bolt and nut. One of those mounting points is broken, though, so I'm going to assume that I'll be pretty much starting from scratch on this. I'm not even sure if there is a pump present or not.

Any suggestions? I probably should have asked at FOT when we were there last month for service, but I just plain forgot.

Re: Windshield washer

Reply #1
I bought an exact match on Ebay. Comes with the pump.
1994 U280, Build 4490
Deming, NM.

Reply #2
I bought one off the inner web from A& E equipment works great I think it was 20 bucks.
Andy & Eileen
Riverton Wyoming
1992 U300  40' 6V92 TA
2007 Honda CRV
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) Build # 4135 Skp# 122921

Reply #4
While at FOT I inquired about a pump for the windshield washer.  The parts guy just smiles and said that he could sell me a new pump for $125.00 or a new tank with pump for $25.00. No brainer, huh?  The only catch is that it's about half the capacity of the original.  I figure I can refill it more often and save a hundred.  Jury still out as I haven't got round to swapping them out yet. 
Bruce & Teresa
2000 U320 4010
2015 Jeep Rubicon