Skip to main content

Topic: Motor mounts 6.5 lp gen (Read 253 times) previous topic - next topic

Motor mounts 6.5 lp gen
Has anyone replaced Motor mounts on their onan generator and is it a difficult job. Not much room. Hopefully someone has replaced them and would be kind enough to give me a few tips. Mine are looking pretty worn. Where would one order...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Motor mounts 6.5 lp gen
Reply #1
Not sure about yours but some of the mounts have a part number on them,if you could remove one that may work.

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I do not know if yours are the same,But here is a thread on generator mounts..
LORD #283P-155 Powertech Generator Plate vibration mount

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
You might try a Cummins dealer in your area, if it's an Onan there are the dealer. Good luck

Reply #4
Do you think the mounts are bad because it tilts slightly towards the front, pretty sure this is normal for the 6.5

Reply #5
The mounts are dry and cracked so. Will probably be quieter with less vibration with replacement. Eventually they will just deteriorate so might as well take care now is what I am thinking. They may last another few yrs but it looks all negative...

Reply #6
Good idea, get them while still available maybe.

Reply #7
Have you checked with Onan/Cummins?

Very much doubt they would be the same as for diesel generators which way several time more.  Mounts are speced for both weight and also to control known harmonics/vibrations.

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Per my Onan 6.5 parts manual the motor mounts are apparently called vibration isolators. #4 Pt#402-0597 Qty (2) generator end
#8 Pt #402-0549 Qty (1) isolator, vibration-engine end.

Reply #9
I think that the 402-0597 isolator number has been updated to 402-0624 a couple of years ago. There may still be some NOS out there under the old number. The 0549 is still a good number according to my book.

Mike

Reply #10
But, being rubber, I would shy away from old stock.  As with tires, rubber compounds do loose their elasticity with age.

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
So did I, but I'm not made of rubber!! >:D

Reply #12
Brett. Found some isolaters from Cummings. Look like rubber. Will call tomarrow and see if they know manufacture date
 Hope this works I have no way of knowing what else would work on my onan 6.5 lp unless I took them out and looked for a number....