Skip to main content

Topic: 97 u320 40 ft/ (Read 477 times) previous topic - next topic

97 u320 40 ft/
Hello everyone   we are total newbies here. new to the forum and hope to be new to the rv lifestyle soon.  on 12/26 we looked at  a 1997 u 320  40ft.  with Cummins m11 and an Allison transmission, 161,000 miles.  super clean inside and only...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: 97 u320 40 ft/
Reply #1
Anything specific? Great engine Trans combo.. cant go wrong .. Does it have any maintenance records? Any paperwork? That would be a starting point for me. I think the price might be a little high but I havnt seen it.. Batteries, tires will and or...

Reply #2
Is this the coach at Olympia in TN?

If so it appears to have a Heart inverter/charger that would be a candidate for replacement to a pure sine or at least a modified sine inverter to support the newer electronics or a residential refrigerator...

Reply #3
Glen, I have a 96 320 with the M-11 and Allison Tranny. Wouldn't have it any other way, especially with the retarder. Mine has 107,000 miles and loves to run down the highway at speed limit. Set the cruise and let her breathe. Smooth ride, quiet,...

• Tony
  • [*]
Reply #4
Bulkheads Bulkheads Bulkheads, get someone that knows how to professionally inspect the bulkhead. Trust me you will not regret it.

Reply #5
Price is fair depending how much of the  needed servicing/replacements have been done. 

Reply #6
Lots to check on that coach;  Aqua Hot, does it work?  Service?  Generator? Hours, maintenance?  Don't be afraid of miles or hours as that is normally a good thing as the rig has not sat for extended amounts of time.  As others have mentioned,...

• Carol & Scott
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
PDI

Learning curve is steep - Best get started.

Grab your favorite beverage......

Pick a topic and use our SEARCH function.

If you must purchase this coach put down a small down-payment to purchase contingent upon a satisfactory PDI.

Welcome - all...

Reply #8
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search.  Others have already given you good advice regarding inspection, tire and battery dates , bulkheads etc.. The mileage is fine but one idea I would suggest is before you make an offer get the...

Reply #9
Thanks for the welcome and all the great info.  Salesman said previous owner traded this coach in for a Prevost.    I did notice during the first look that the tires were from 2010  so  probably should be replaced soon.  Sorry it took me so long...

Reply #10
Listen carefully to those wise ones who have commented on what to check out. With 8 year old tires, they would definitely be on the early list. That being said, mine had 13 year old Bridgestones on them. Put new Toyo's with centramatics on this...