Skip to main content

Topic: Roof treatment needed (Read 400 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof treatment needed
Hate to say it but I think I need to treat the roof, is watertight right now but have numerous spider cracks that I fear will become leaks eventually. I believe the hot California sun took its toll over the years. Hate to cover the original...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Roof treatment needed
Reply #1
Both the factory (FOT) and Xtreme Paint & Graphics (in Nac) can refinish (paint) your roof.  Their service has been highly recommended by Forum members, but it is not inexpensive.  You might give both of them a call and see what the going price...

Reply #2
There are multiple threads about roof repairs in this forum. A search would definitely reveal  lots of information. Especially my experience with extensive roof repairs.

Reply #3
I'm just finishing up painting our roof. Depending on the amount of Dicor applied through the years, it's either a nasty or really nasty job to get ALL of it off the roof, the vents, the aluminum rails, air horn mounts, etc, etc.

I finally found...

Reply #4
Pierce,

Did you add any kind of "grit" agent to the paint to make it less slippery to walk on?

Reply #5
Pierce,
Did you add any kind of "grit" agent to the paint to make it less slippery to walk on?
Chuck, great question! I considered both ways but finally went with just the paint as I was...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I have heard of folks doing a Rhino lining on RV roofs. They do have a white/silver reflective one specifically designed for RV roofs. That stuff is pretty tough, stays flexible, And is non-slip.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Pierce, why did you not use the Robertson head screws as they are much easier to apply and remove. Those Philips heads are totally gone from my screw supplies and cannot for the life of me see why people still use them. Even FT used the good ones...

Reply #8
I used Robertson head screws on my deck last year. I like them but I hate looking for the square driver where I always keep a Philips head in my 12V cordless drill. I never have a problem removing them and Foretravel used a lot of Philips up top...

Reply #9
Auto are posidrive.
Pz1 etc

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Hope to see some before and after pictures Pierce.