Skip to main content

Topic: Air Pressure Source for Turbo Gauge (Read 329 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Air Pressure Source for Turbo Gauge
I'm putting in a turbo pressure gauge and looking for some advice on where to get the air pressure. A forum member sent me a photo of his (thanks, Barry) but I don't have the same fitting on mine. The only 1/8" plugs I see in the air system are...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Air Pressure Source for Turbo Gauge
Reply #1
On the intake side of the engine there is 1/8th pipe plug above the fuel shutoff solenoid, that is where I put mine.

Reply #2
I'd be buying this product, used them for years:  ISSPRO.com - Quality Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers and more!

Reply #3
I'm putting in a turbo pressure gauge and looking for some advice on where to get the air pressure. A forum member sent me a photo of his (thanks, Barry) but I don't have the same fitting on mine....

Reply #4
The pressure anywhere on the outbound side of the turbo is about the same psi, that is from turbo to intercooler or intercooler to intake manifold.  So your plug is a good place for connecting a hose to an pressure sensor that converts psi to...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Do you not have some kind of fitting in the intake manifold itself? Some pipe plug you could remove and install a adapter if needed? That would give you a more accurate reading. In the event your CAC ''Charge Air Cooler" started leaking you will...

Reply #6
Do you not have some kind of fitting in the intake manifold itself? Some pipe plug you could remove and install a adapter if needed? That would give you a more accurate reading. In the event your...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Finally finished up my turbo and pyrometer gauge project. For the turbo I ended up using my original location for the turbo air source (1/8" pipe plug just past the turbo). I couldn't find another place on the air pipe nor the intake as a couple...

Reply #8
Keep in mind the 300 to 500 deg. difference between pre turbo and post turbo for safe egt.
EGT Probe Location: Pre-Turbo or Post-Turbo? - GlowShift Gauges Blog

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Keep in mind the 300 to 500 deg. difference between pre turbo and post turbo for safe egt.
EGT Probe Location: Pre-Turbo or Post-Turbo? - GlowShift Gauges Blog
Exhaust manifold [pre turbo] is...

Reply #10
John, Neat job especially with the mounted VEI components. Your muffler connectors also look very sharp. Let us know how it all performs when the wheels are turning.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Yea, I thought about that. Thanks for the link. I just figure once I have a baseline I will be able to note aberrant readings.

Exhaust manifold...