Skip to main content

Topic: Pulling to the right (Read 347 times) previous topic - next topic

Pulling to the right
 We have a 94 grand Villa 240 it pulls to the right and the steering wheel column vibrates .   We have replace the two front tires and had them balanced the track bar has been rebuilt with new bushings we have had the king pin replaced and it...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Pulling to the right
Reply #1
Go to a different shop that will go for a test ride and gets good reviews.  Make sure the brakes are releasing. They could be sticking. Check wheel runout. Check bulkhead front and back to made sure it's not separating.

Pierce

Reply #2
The shop should drive it and check the front drums for wobble, the wheels for  equal offset and runout.   The shake  is most likely related to the issue .  If the rims are true, and the tires true, good chance the brakes are out of specs.
 If it...

Reply #3
See my response to this same issue you made on the FMCA Forum.

Reply #4
We have Brett Wolfe's U-240, he is "The Man". We do have Roadmaster anti-sway bars (front and rear)  plus a couple of Torsilastic shackles replaced on the front and rear and a Torsilastic upgrade on the rear to boost the capacity of the the heavy...

Reply #5
Tell me more about the sway bars ,pictures?

Reply #6
Tell me more about the sway bars ,pictures?
Sure works for me! Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories

Reply #7
Mine only pulls to the right when I'm on a crowned road, which is most of the time.

Reply #8
No, sway bars on Mike's coach front and rear are custom by Roadmaster.  Not commercially available.

Nothing to do with connecting to a toad.

Reply #9
No, sway bars on Mike's coach front and rear are custom by Roadmaster.  Not commercially available.
Odd they never brought them to the market, On I-8 eastbound from Gila Bend, I could go take a...

Reply #10
Measure from the front to rear tires on both sides,  measure the front edge of the front tires across the coach.  Measure the rear of the front tires. 

Reply #11
Do you get the vibration all the time?  Is it worse when braking?  I think I would inspect the slide pins.  If a caliper is sticking it could cause the coach to pull as well as vibrate.

Reply #12
I think I would inspect the slide pins.  If a caliper is sticking it could cause the coach to pull as well as vibrate.

Jerry,
A 240 don't have slide pins as it has drum brakes.

Mike