Skip to main content
Topic: Toilet overflow 2000 U320 (Read 581 times) previous topic - next topic

Toilet overflow 2000 U320

Emptied black tank yesterday completely. This afternoon I was sitting in the coach when I heard water.  The toilet was full, I closed the water  valves,checked the black tank gage, it was full.  Drained the black tank again.

What might have caused this?

Re: Toilet overflow 2000 U320

Reply #1
Sounds to as if the toilet flush got stuck in the open position.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #2
This happened on our 2000 U320 as well.  After talking to the phone tech, he directed me to clean out the solenoid, which took care of it.  This was after replacing the gasket and cam due to the bowl not holding water.  After the leaky bowl and overflowing issue were resolved and we thought we finally had a working toilet, it started leaking from the mechanism behind the cabinet.  I would prefer replacing it with a manual ceramic model, but no one makes one that will fit (clearance from the cabinet).  Never understood why they had to put an electric toilet in and I'm totally fed up with it.
  Solution:  We shut off the water and keep a pitcher on the counter and use water from the sink faucet to flush.  Hopefully, a manufacturer will come out with a suitable replacement.
  Good luck.
2000 U320 mid entry  #5688
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8

Reply #3
Thanks everyone,I thought it was a stuck solenoid as well.

Reply #4
Make sure you didnt hook the water line to the flush on accident.. it happens :-X

Reply #5
Thanks everyone,I thought it was a stuck solenoid as well.  I didn't hookit up to the flush, but that could sure be trouble!!

The flush seal is new, wondering if the bowl got full if it might have leaked thru the seal filling the tank

Reply #6
I have the electric toilet like Sven. The main control unit on our coaches are behind the toilet in a cabinet. Others can access their control unit by just opening the back of the unit. I had no response to my switch. NOTHING. Why anyone would put these expensive units in ANY type of application is beyond me. I , also, toyed with pulling mine out, and replacing it with a conventional toilet that was 17 inches high. Still on my " bucket list". These units are still for sale. If you price them out , they are VERY EXPENSIVE. When I encountered my problem, I called Mullaney & Assoc. John talked me through the problem over an entire weekend. I had to replace the entire control unit, a simple looking device with lots of wires coming out of it. It cost me over $200!! for a $45 unit. Ended up pulling my toilet and replacing the wax ring 5 times. Replaced the seal on the flapper ( easy job, but nasty ) and got help from a Forum member, which was MOST helpful. The toilet works fine now. Call and talk your problem through with the people who KNOW what they are talking about.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #7
I have the electric toilet like Sven. The main control unit on our coaches are behind the toilet in a cabinet. Others can access their control unit by just opening the back of the unit. I had no response to my switch. NOTHING. Why anyone would put these expensive units in ANY type of application is beyond me. I , also, toyed with pulling mine out, and replacing it with a conventional toilet that was 17 inches high. Still on my " bucket list". These units are still for sale. If you price them out , they are VERY EXPENSIVE. When I encountered my problem, I called Mullaney & Assoc. John talked me through the problem over an entire weekend. I had to replace the entire control unit, a simple looking device with lots of wires coming out of it. It cost me over $200!! for a $45 unit. Ended up pulling my toilet and replacing the wax ring 5 times. Replaced the seal on the flapper ( easy job, but nasty ) and got help from a Forum member, which was MOST helpful. The toilet works fine now.

Sounds like crappy situation on multiple levels.. sry couldnt resist.. :))

Call and talk your problem through with the people who KNOW what they are talking about.
It's not a 1-900 number? Lots of talking issues out with those prefix's  :)

Reply #8
Our microphor has had a cam and seal replaced.  Works great. 21 years of mostly good
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4