Skip to main content
Topic: Cummins Engine Identification Dataplate (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

Cummins Engine Identification Dataplate

I have only had my Foretravel for over ten years and am just now getting around to locating the engine dataplate.  My Cummins operator's manual shows precisely where the dataplate should be located but it is not in that location and I cannot find it elsewhere on the engine.  I have found the transmission dataplate and the ECM dataplate but not the one for the engine.  Does anyone know where I should be looking on my 1999 Cummins M-11 Plus?
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
The selected media item is not currently available.

Re: Cummins Engine Identification Dataplate

Reply #1
I believe mine is located on top of or next to the ECM for the engine, I'll post a pic shortly.
J.R.
99 U320 40' WTFE
Build # 5388

Reply #2
It is on top, you may have to wipe some of the grime away to see it.

J.R.
99 U320 40' WTFE
Build # 5388

Reply #3
Let see if the pic comes through this time.
J.R.
99 U320 40' WTFE
Build # 5388

Reply #4
Just to follow up on this post, the identification plate is exactly where the manual said it should be.  It was hidden behind a large wire bundle and the blow-by pipe.  The metal plate itself is black, same as the engine block, with etched white lettering.  I removed the blow-by pipe (which I wanted to clean anyway) and was able to pull the wire bundle out enough to see the identification plate. 
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
The selected media item is not currently available.