Skip to main content

Topic: Tire pressure  (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire pressure
On all my past coaches I have had the inside rear drive axle tires show a higher pressure than the outer, they all start at x and 30 miles down the road always 6-8 psi higher only on the inside all other go up the same amounts. I would think the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Tire pressure
Reply #1
I have not noticed this.  On our TPMS all 6 tires show about the same rise in pressure as they heat up.  I have noticed the tires on the "sunny" side of the coach get hotter than those on the shady side, with corresponding pressure differences.

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
That be a good question. On roads with a big crown in theory the D/s outside and the P/s inside should have slightly more load. But that still doesn't answer your question.

Reply #3
It may be the only logical answer, certainly would explain the psi going higher as the weight should be more.

Reply #4
Long Story, but I have a TPMS, just still need to change all the Batteries and seals in them, and One allows Air to leak, when I serviced the Battery, so I went back to pre-TPMS days, of Checking Temps at rest stops.   I did notice the Inner Tire...

Reply #5
Inners are closer to the engines heat.

My guru buddy only installs the $2k bendix trucker set up as it incorporates both temp and pressure.

Requires tire removal as it mounts on the rim

Reply #6
For a fraction of what the so-called guru installs TST TPMS shows both pressure and temperature.  My inside duals are almost always a bit warmer and a bit higher pressure.  I think it is from engine bay heat.  Set all tires on the same axle to...

Reply #7
On all my past coaches I have had the inside rear drive axle tires show a higher pressure than the outer, they all start at x and 30 miles down the road always 6-8 psi higher only on the inside...

• Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:44:15 am by Neal Pillsbury

Reply #8
The rim mount commercial trucker only unit is overkill for most unless you want the best.  It can catch wheel bearing issues causing heating by being a rim mount and tire heating at the stem from sun exposure is lessened.

I would not worry about...