Skip to main content

Topic: Resonator on 6V92 Detroit (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Resonator on 6V92 Detroit
My tailpipe has decided to remove itself from the 90 degree elbow out of the muffler. I can probable get the old piece  out of the muffler,  But is the effort worth the effort.   So I see a resonator in the near future. Anyone installed one on a...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Resonator on 6V92 Detroit
Reply #1
I did ours three years ago and and love it, the turbo spools up a little faster and have a little more low end touque
Some say it's to loud but Eileen day leave it until we get a ticket lol .,😎🤗👍

Reply #2
Resonator (or straight pipe) all the way!  Real men don't need mufflers!  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Vw9v0khIY

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
 That's the way it's supposed to sound👍😁😁😁😁😁😁

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
SOLD!!!  ^.^d

Reply #5
On my list of projects. I probably will put on a long one as we live in the Sierras where it's full throttle or Jake. The last couple of miles uses a lot of Jake and I hate] to annoy my neighbors. The two cycle sure sounds good in the video.

With...

Reply #6
The two cycle sure sounds good in the video.
Amen to that.  Our Cummins, even with a MagnaFlow resonator, has never sounded that good.

Open the video up in YouTube - some of the...

Reply #7
Resonator (or straight pipe) all the way!  Real men don't need mufflers!  :thumbsup:

Love to hear that truck going through the Mobile tunnel! 

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Muffler is Off all excess piping is off except for Turbo pipe. It is stuck. I am afraid I  might crack the turbo itself trying to get it  off. So decided to leave it and I'll make it all work.. With the muffler off and a piece of flex pipe...

Reply #9
Watched the video, the brigadier that I drove years ago didn't sound that good (3208 cat) but I will tell you this for nothing. I have never in my life ground a pound of gears like that lad did.
Mick

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
A couple hundred thousand miles in KW K100 with a V12 71 and straight pipes is the reason I can't hear today. And 20 years of straight pipe Harley's didn't help eather.  For me it's mufflers all the way.

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
A couple hundred thousand miles in KW K100 with a V12 71 and straight pipes is the reason I can't hear today. And 20 years of straight pipe Harley's didn't help eather.  For me it's mufflers all...

Reply #12
I put a resonator on my 6V92. Big improvement and no problems.

TOM