Skip to main content

Topic: Leaking hydralic fluid from slide pin lock (Read 388 times) previous topic - next topic

Leaking hydralic fluid from slide pin lock
I have a new to me 2002 Foretravel 270 with a living room slide.  One of the safety pin locks has a leak at what I assume is a sensor since it is very small and threaded into the aluminum block with two wire coming out of it.  First, Does it have...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Leaking hydralic fluid from slide pin lock
Reply #1
Well.. been here twice, once in mexico and once in utah... messy to say the least.. after the repair I had oil seep from the bladder lower right side of the slide as you are outside looking at the coach. Leaked for a few days after the fix.

Let me...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Slide lock mechanism leaking fluid

Living room slide Hydraulic leak

Thought I did a fix topic.. guess not. Let me know on the seal and I will find it tomorrow.. I am down come monday night on, for the next 4 weeks

Reply #3
Thanks for the links to posts.  In your post there is a picture of the slide lock, on the right side of your slide lock picture you can see three wires going into a sensor that I assume tells the computer whether the slide lock is engaged or...

Reply #4
Have you tried re torquing the fitting where it is leaking?
Bill

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Thanks for the links to posts.  In your post there is a picture of the slide lock, on the right side of your slide lock picture you can see three wires going into a sensor that I assume tells the...

Reply #6
I'm a little confused.  I don't think there is a pressure sensor at the lock mechanism.  There is a magnetic switch that looks a little bit like a toy pistol made out of brown plastic resin (about 3" long) that has the electrical wires you are...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
I'm a little confused.  I don't think there is a pressure sensor at the lock mechanism.  There is a magnetic switch that looks a little bit like a toy pistol made out of brown plastic resin...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Here are a couple pics I took when mine leaked.. pic 1 you can see the flat looking part on the lower right corner (sensor).  It slides out and the only place for liquid to leak is from the fittings or the top nut. I am going to guess its your...

Reply #9
I have included a picture of my slide lock mechanism.  In the upper right hand corner of the block you can see where wires go into the block, this is were I thought my leak was coming from.  It looks like it is screwed into the block from the...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
 I believe that goes to the sensor not that block . Get some rags cover everything up real good and remove it. Only lWay to tell

Reply #11
Finally had time to take block down, and it seems to be leaking from the hole that the sensor sits in (see photo).  Would this leak be coming from a bad seal at the big nut on bottom of slide lock block and migrating up the sensor tube (Does it...

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
IMHO. Take it off and apart and see. That's what I would do
JohnH

Reply #13
Found this interesting video on HWH site (need to start slide show in powerpoint to see).   Based on the video it doesn't look like fluid should get into the hole for the sensor.  Just trying to figure this out before I tear apart something that...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Only places it can leak besides a crack... The big nut or the hose connectors

Reply #15
David, when you took yours apart did the hole for the sensor go from top to bottom and come out near the big nut and did you just replace o'rings at the bottom or did it need something else?  I seem to remember from your post that you tried to...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
the nut face up.. we were in mexico on the first leak.. rigged it to get home.. last leak I tracked the correct Oring down.. Cant remember on the sensor. best to take it off and clean it real good and look it over... Doubt it cracked but could be...