Skip to main content

Topic: CAC Air Pipe Connector (Read 447 times) previous topic - next topic

CAC Air Pipe Connector
I was checking for potential leaks in my charged air cooler system and discovered that this connector is close to failing. It's the one that connects the CAC to the air pipe (then to engine intake). One of the  automotive A/C hoses has been...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: CAC Air Pipe Connector
Reply #1
Pretty common hose you should be bake to get a suitable replacement from any heavy duty truck shop. Just dont say it's on a motorhome.

Reply #2
Pretty common hose you should be bake to get a suitable replacement from any heavy duty truck shop. Just dont say it's on a motorhome.
Bada Bing, a winner!!

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Try silicone hose.com.

Reply #4
Those are made by Flexfab the one for the M-11 is 7728 but ours is 4" X 7  1/2"   Check there site for a 3  1/2"

Mike

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Check the bottom mounting tabs on the CAC,they are aluminum and easily break,had to have mine rewelded.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
You can put  a length of duct tape around the holes to get you by till new ones found. Use a clamp to hold tape over holes, does not need to be tightened too much

Pressure is only up to 35lbs.
JohnH

Reply #7
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try and find the exact flexfab replacement. I'm at home so no emergent condition. FFR, the CAC end is 4" bu the end I need is actually the intake end which is 3.5". I'll check those tabs; thanks for the tip.
jort

Reply #8
I was checking for potential leaks in my charged air cooler system and discovered that this connector is close to failing. It's the one that connects the CAC to the air pipe (then to engine...

Reply #9
joodyo, while you have the hose off you may want to pressure up the CAC to check for holes.  I put 15 lb of pressure on mine and it reminded me of DW colander. Just my 2c worth
Atlas radiator has them for a small measly sum not wither mentioning...

Reply #10
Grace, do you happen to have the number for the Summit product? I was on their site yesterday and didn't see thiis size. thanks.

Reply #11
you may want to pressure up the CAC to check for holes
How would I do that? Chris. Some kind of fitting on the pipe? Thanks.

• qcj
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
I'm sure Foretravel has them in stock.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
John, when I had my CAC off years ago to repair holes in it I tested mine to 45 lbs over night and it was solid. I used 2 pieces of 3/4"plywood with a hole in centre of each one, I put a gauge at one end and air fitting on other then pumped air...

Reply #14
Grace, do you happen to have the number for the Summit product? I was on their site yesterday and didn't see thiis size. thanks.
In Maui.Don't have info with. Just call them. High quality made in...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
It is called a charge air cooler connector

CAC Hoses for Diesel - Charge Air Cooler Hose | Global Hose & Industrial...
Truckpro, Fleetpride. Try a local hose rubber products supplier.. common item

Reply #16
I bought some for Foretravel for mine and I didn't think they were that expensive, of course I am used to buying/selling aircraft parts. I bought enough to replace all of mine, but only replaced the one that was damaged to get home. The one on...

Reply #17
Joodyo, I used the rubber 4" plumbing connectors attached to 4"pvc with cap glued on drilled and tapped cap to fit pipe thread
screwed in pipe with gauge and air fitting.  If you find holes you can also use J B Weld.  I bought some of the Davcon...

Reply #18

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
What size connectors do your coaches use,?
If they are 4" Any Freightliner dealer will stock them as Detroit diesel uses that size.

Reply #20
I ended up getting the hose from the place David recommended - Intake Hoses. It was about $35 versus $80 and up elsewhere. It turns out this size (3.5") is not common. All the hose from the turbo and through the CAC is 4" but the air pipe is...