Skip to main content
Topic: Motorcade organizational structure (Read 603 times) previous topic - next topic

Motorcade organizational structure

Anyone know the new structure of the Motorcade club?  Does Beverly still work for  Foretravel?  Other than the new $95 annual dues; how does the local chapters and other official club positions play into this new organization?
Fiddler
1959 Parris Island grad
40' 2001 U320 Build 5875
1999 Suburban K1500 toad
1986 Corvette Pacecar
ssoftail@comcast.net

Re: Motorcade organizational structure

Reply #1
Got my popcorn and a beer in my hand waiting for the follow-ups on this!  Great question Sib!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #2
I thought according to the Foretravel letter. Beverly will continue as a FT employee and FT will let her do her club duties for one more year.
All that would have to happen would be to elect a national board to over see the club as a whole. Most clubs are run via parliamentary governance rules. But in reality the club as a whole doesn't really need to do anything if they don't want to. They can be self governing while remaining under the moniker "motorcade club" Think tenth amendment

This can be as simple or as complex as we desire. But as most people are pedantic by nature. It will be made as draconian as possible and when folks get tired of it all. The club will fold. I hope that isn't the case.
Jerry & Nona and Kimeru the cat that thinks she's a dog
1998 36' WTFE U320  #5314 Motorcade #17711
USAF 1975-1995
2019 Subaru Crosstrek 'toad'
2003 Subaru Legacy touring car
jerry Fincher | Flickr

Reply #3
Why don't we just wait and see what happens.  The current board is in place.  Not much sense in speculating about all of the possibilities untill something happens.