Skip to main content

Topic: Cold Climate Use of a Foretravel Motorhome with a Hydro-Hot Heating System (Read 414 times) previous topic - next topic

Cold Climate Use of a Foretravel Motorhome with a Hydro-Hot Heating System
Can a Foretravel Motorhome with a Hydro-Hot Heating System be used in cold weather conditions without any risk of damaging the water distribution system and holding tanks ( such as freezing water lines, cracking water lines, or damaging holding...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Cold Climate Use of a Foretravel Motorhome with a Hydro-Hot Heating System
Reply #1
If you mean Aqua-Hot, I have used ours into the single digits at night. It would not be safe to store at those temps but using it keeps everything from freezing on our coach.

Reply #2
If you mean Aqua-Hot, I have used ours into the single digits at night. It would not be safe to store at those temps but using it keeps everything from freezing on our coach.

Craneman,

The 2007...

Reply #3
John,

We have the larger Aqua Hot unit but camp with a couple that has the Hydro Hot unit.  We (us and them) have been in weather down to 0 overnight (for a week) with no problem. The day time temps never got above 20 during that time. Put it over...

Reply #4
Agree with the others. When I was full timing, we saw 0 to -4  eight nights in a row, didn't get above 10 for the high. Kept the coach at 70 and the bays at 50. We stayed more comfortable then than what my bricks and sticks now do at 70. One of...

Reply #5
A few years ago I had my coach ( with AquaHot) in freezing weather for about a week and two things froze up: the ice maker control valve which is in the back of the fridge behind the exterior access panel and a water drain valve mounted right...

Reply #6
The AquaHots in the U320 coaches are bigger capacity than the HydroHot in the Nimbus.  Maybe Rudy will tell us the differences and how it will affect cold weather use.

Reply #7
The AquaHots in the U320 coaches are bigger capacity than the HydroHot in the Nimbus.  Maybe Rudy will tell us the differences and how it will affect cold weather use.

Once asked...

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #8
When Vehicle Heating Systems, whose name has been changed to Aqua Hot Heating Systems, started to manufacure a smaller, less expensive heater, they called it the Hydro Hot.

The Hydro Hot model is now the 450 DE model.  These models have a 5 gallon...