Skip to main content

Topic: What is this on my battery tray (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic

What is this on my battery tray
Since purchasing my 1997 U320 three months ago, it's been a journey of discovery figuring out all the new and wonderful things in our motorhome that I've never seen before.  While diagnosing a starting problem, I removed my chassis batteries for...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What is this on my battery tray
Reply #1
It is what is called a hydraulic accumulator,works with the retarder,the hose in the picture looks like one end may be seeping some
fluid.I would get some degreaser and clean everything in that picture real good,rinse off and then dry with a leaf...

Reply #2
I don't feel so bad not recognizing that!  Thanks!

I totally agree on the cleanup.  There's going to be a lot of that going on over the next few years.

Reply #3
Original gunk works very well.  Rinse off. Smells a bit.

Reply #4
Rick,

Those hoses catch  grease that is slung off the driveshaft U joint. So the trick is to grease the zerts but not over do it. The trans temp probe is in that same area and when the dash gage starts acting up this sender will most likely be...

Reply #5
Rick ours is 20 coaches from yours.  Spent six years fixing and upgrading.  If you need help spending your money let me know.