Skip to main content

Topic: MK replacement house battery (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

MK replacement house battery
Has any one found a good place to purchase MK replacement batteries?
Or would the Lifeline series be a suitable replacement?

We currently have 3 MK's for house batteries.

Re: MK replacement house battery
Reply #1

Reply #2

Or would the Lifeline series be a suitable replacement?

Lifelines would certainly be a suitable replacement.

Decisions, decisions.

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
The price for batteries these days would mean that you almost have to take out a loan for. them!! We have to add 30per cent to those prices. Ours are 7yrs old but seem to be doing well.
JohnH

Reply #4
No source but the choice between  MK gels versus Lifeline AGM's is influenced by several factors.

If you plan on adding significant solar panels then the amount of charging amps that the possible panel system can put out can help determine your...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Are you wanting AGM or Gel ? I bought my AGMS from O'rilleys auto parts around 400$ ea 4 years ago. We boondock most of the year and they are still going strong. Lifelines age great as well just pricey. If you go with O'rilleys be sure to tell...

Reply #6
Lots of options here.

The MK batteries are rated at 225 amp hrs, 675 amp hrs total, for about $2340.  $3.47 per amp hr.
FullRiver 12v 8Ds are rated at 260 amp hrs, 780 amp hrs total, for about $2100.  $2.69 per amp hr.
LifeLine 12v 8Ds are rated at...

Reply #7
I purchased my batteries at oriellys also and they have me a military discount. Around $800.00 for two as Bruce stated.

Reply #8
Mk gels are the least expensive batteries from them per cycle.  The MK engineer thought that the pre charged plate upgrade in the batteries plate production which catches out of spec plates before installation and a upgraded plate mounting and...

Reply #9
I am a little surprised that others have not informed you, Dick & Sue that MK is just a brand label of East Penn Battery, who make identical batteries under their MK, East Penn, Deka labels.

And East Penn also makes the identical battery for many...

Reply #10
Research your options.  In 2013 I decided to replace my OEM gel house batteries with gel 8D's.  I contacted Battery Giant in Cincinnati after seeing that they offered private label 8G8D batteries.  After talking with the manager and doing my own...

Reply #11
I fully expect that private label, Deka and others are the same battery.  But I cannot prove it. Neither can anyone else.

I found that the more optically perfect windshields from Fords suppliers went into the production line cars and trucks.

Less...