Skip to main content
Topic: Heading out in the morning for my last trip to TN RV/Lazy Days (Read 888 times) previous topic - next topic

Heading out in the morning for my last trip to TN RV/Lazy Days

I'm heading to TN RV/Lazy Days tomorrow for my last visit.  My rear HWH air manifold delaminated and cracked down the middle. The issue was discovered during my last visit there a month ago. The part was ordered from HWH and milled after my last visit there a month ago.

My favorite tech is still there but I'm not sure for how long. He's been working on Foretravels for 25 years. I wouldn't let anyone else there work on my coach. Since my last visit all the great folks that have helped me keep my 25 year old coach on the road are gone. The place is a dissaster as Lazy Daze squashes the remnants of the great culture that existed at Tennesee RV. 

I understand buisness. I own a couple. Change is the only constant. Selfishly I do not like the changes there and will vote with my wallet. I will not return. I've been through several buyouts. This one was done poorly by Lazy Days. My heart and best wishes go out to all of the folks that went through this takeover.

I selfishly hope that my friend James Holder decides to stay in the RV business. I will follow him anywhere.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Re: Heading out in the morning for my last trip to TN RV/Lazy Days

Reply #1
Big corporations take over good businesses load them with debt, dismiss good workers, and file chapter11 bankruptcy, Greed the American way. I wonder if it is taught in college or learned in the actual running of a business.
John
1998 U270 34'

Reply #2
It was the same way when La Mesa RV took over the Liberty Lake Foretravel store when I worked there.

Good news was I got promoted to a better and higher paying job as Recon manager (reconditioning manager).

Bad news was, it only lasted  2 yrs, when they sold the building off. They that while we were all down south in Yuma and Quartzite selling their junk.

They also broke up a real family (crew). We all worked really good together.

It was sad to watch them cut up the beautiful building Foretravel built, changed everything around, real hack job.

But it was a party for a while
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Reply #3
Jeff and Sandy:

Are you saying that James Holder is still at TN RV/LazyDays?

Bob
Winter: somewhere in the Texas Rio Grande Valley maybe, maybe not
Summer: The Gardens RV Community of Crossville, TN
2000 40 FT U270, Xtreme FBP
2017 C-Max Towed

Reply #4
James is no longer there.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #5
It was sad to watch them cut up the beautiful building Foretravel built, changed everything around, real hack job.
We used to drive by there a lot, first time I'd ever seen a Foretravel. I was SO IMPRESSED by the layout of the building and those big shiny coaches sitting in front. It said: CLASS ACT!  ^.^d
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #6
We used to drive by there a lot, first time I'd ever seen a Foretravel. I was SO IMPRESSED by the layout of the building and those big shiny coaches sitting in front. It said: CLASS ACT!  ^.^d

Yes, I was involved in wiring all the TV's and satellite for the offices and customers waiting area. We even wired the shop for sat radio.

All of us got to pick our stall, it was custom built for us. The Fore's let us have a lot of input.

It was a pleasure to be that involved, so yes, it was sad to see it hacked up into a bunch of offices they never ended up using.
Cheers
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Reply #7
Some good news today, James Holder decided to stay in the industry here:

RV Sales, RV Service, RV Parts and Services in Knoxville Tennessee at...

He told me we would need to be patient, that it would take them some time to get up to speed, to be able to work on coaches like ours.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains