Skip to main content
Topic: Black Tank Flush System is Leaking (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

Black Tank Flush System is Leaking

I just recently bough a 2007 Foretravel Nimbus 36', 2 Slides.  This is my first Foretravel, and I have a lot to learn.  For the first time today I dumped my black water tank, and used the black water tank flush system.  After using the flush system, I notice a small amount of water leaking at the opposite end of the holding tanks-where all the water on/off valves are located.  I'm assuming the black tank flush system is leaking.  Any suggestions of how to fix the leak?

I also have a Concerto Electric Flush Toilet.  I have heard of this type of toilet overflowing and flooding the interior of the coach.  What should I do to prevent this from happening?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

John

Re: Black Tank Flush System is Leaking

Reply #1
Don't know much about the flushed system, others will chime in IAM sure. As far as not filling you coach with water if the toilet fails never leave your coach hooked up to City water if you leave or just turn it off at the source. You can always run off you pump and just shut it off after each use. Just my thoughts enjoy your new coach😁
Andy & Eileen
Riverton Wyoming
1992 U300  40' 6V92 TA
2007 Honda CRV
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) Build # 4135 Skp# 122921

Reply #2
I had an electric toilet in a SOB that almost overflowed, but I was there and heard it repeatedly filling with water and then partially flushing.  I determined that there was
a small water leak directly above the PC board that was dripping onto the board and causing it to short out.  I fixed the leak, then put a piece of a plastic bag over the PC board to keep the water off it...........just in case.

Reply #3
  After using the flush system, I notice a small amount of water leaking at the opposite end of the holding tanks-where all the water on/off valves are located.  I'm assuming the black tank flush system is leaking.  Any suggestions of how to fix the leak.

John,
Rather than guessing and speculating as to what or how to fix the first thing is you need to find out exactly what fitting or fixture is leaking. Then either post a pic of the leak or a detailed description as to what is exactly leaking. Just because you found some water after the flush don't mean that you haven't developed a leak in the water manifold, a crack that you have in one of the dump valves, or some of the other related piping leaking. With this info then we can narrow down what the fix will be.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #4
I'm assuming the black tank flush system is leaking.  Any suggestions of how to fix the leak?
John,

No experience with newer model coaches, but they are all basically constructed the same way.  At the end of the bay where you have a leak, there will be some kind of removable panel, or panels.  You'll have to look at it, and figure out how to remove it.  Usually just a matter of some screws (probably square drive Robertson type) and possibly some caulking that you will have to remove.

Once the access panel is out of the way and you can see what's going on, find the leak and fix the leak.  The black tank flush hose probably has a common "garden hose" connector.  If you are lucky, it is just loose, or perhaps needs a new rubber gasket.  While you have the panel off, take a good look around and see if any other obvious problems exist.

On the older coaches (like mine) once a access panel (in the wet bay, for instance) has been removed, it often never gets replaced.  Leaving the panels off (permanently) makes it a lot easier to see what's happening, and to work on any problems that arise.  If leaving the panel off your coach does not offend your sense of "decor", then you might consider it.  This assumes, of course, that the panel does not serve as the sole support for some critical component.

Don't be afraid to rip into your coach and fix things.  It's not rocket science, and the more you do yourself, the more confident you will be.

How do you like the Alamo Skp Co-Op park?  Looks like a nice location (at least on Google Earth satellite view).
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #5
John,

No experience with newer model coaches, but they are all basically constructed the same way.  At the end of the bay where you have a leak, there will be some kind of removable panel, or panels.  You'll have to look at it, and figure out how to remove it.  Usually just a matter of some screws (probably square drive Robertson type) and possibly some caulking that you will have to remove.

Once the access panel is out of the way and you can see what's going on, find the leak and fix the leak.  The black tank flush hose probably has a common "garden hose" connector.  If you are lucky, it is just loose, or perhaps needs a new rubber gasket.  While you have the panel off, take a good look around and see if any other obvious problems exist.

On the older coaches (like mine) once a access panel (in the wet bay, for instance) has been removed, it never gets replaced.  Leaving the panels off (permanently) makes it a lot easier to see what's happening, and to work on any problems that arise.  If leaving the panel off your coach does not offend your sense of "decor", then you might consider it.  This assumes, of course, that the panel does not serve as the sole support for some critical component.

Don't be afraid to rip into your coach and fix things.  It's not rocket science, and the more you do yourself, the more confident you will be.

How do you like the Alamo Skp Co-Op park?  Looks like a nice location (at least on Google Earth satellite view).

Chuck,

The Alamo Skp Co-Op is an Escapees RV Park for 55+,  I like the park, nice quite community.  Also, thank you for your advise!!

John