Skip to main content

Topic: Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it
I need to know where the engine ECU is.  More specifically I need to know where the extra wires are that according to the owners manual come out near it?  I have looked all over the engine compartment and can find nothing that looks like the ecu...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:37:52 pm by jbeem

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it
Reply #1
The ecm for your Cummins ISL engine should be on the passenger side of the engine. Silver colored box with two large wire connectors. May have to contact  FOT or Cummins for a pinout  of the wires.

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
This will help identify components.  It's not the pin out diagram.

Cummins ISL-G Engine Electronic Management System Components - BusTekHub

Keith

Reply #3
The extra wires on our 99' U270 come out on the street side near the hydraulic pump reservoir, near where the wires for the towing set up meet up with transverse frame that the hitch is attached to. Your coach may be different... When I found...

Reply #4
Never did find the extra wires next to ECU or the ECU for that matter.  Ended up using the extra wires that go to the rear of the coach (bundle 2088).  Used wire to run from switch in coach to a relay to turn HWH compressor on and off.   Now I...