Skip to main content
Topic: Extended Warranty (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

Extended Warranty

Anyone have, or used this extended warranty company?

United States Warranty Corporation | Service, Integrity & Trust Since 1975

Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Re: Extended Warranty

Reply #1
Most extended warranty have lots of reasons to not pay:

It is their job to not pay and some are quite good at it.

All work must have prior approval, which may with their slow response, keeping you down for long periods of time. And repair places don't like to deal with them and may even add a fee or eliminate a discount when they have to interact with warranty companies.

If you miss not following their oil change calendar even by a day, they may not pay for a water pump problem using the excuse, you have obligations and we have obligations, and if you don't follow yours, we don't have to follow ours. Even if coach is parked for a year, you must still follow all obligations written in contract, even if it makes no sense.

Etc

Reply #2
Yes, read the entire contract small print. Does it cover seals and gaskets, if not, forget it.  Does it cover subsequent damage, if not forget it.  Say a transmission gasket fails, will it cover the subsequent damage to the transmission, if not forget it.  Measure what you are paying against what is covered.  Most call for prior approval, which means they can slow down repair with their inspection, just expect that on a big claim.  Where can claim be repaired?  Who are you buying service contract from, often if they are a new vehicle dealer they can have special approval authorization from the service contract company, if you are near that dealer to repair.  You could check that out with service advisor or service manager of that selling dealer.  If having an issue check with service manager from selling dealer and if that gets no help, check with finance manager from that selling dealer you bought it from.  Never do repair without prior approval, and have that approval in writing.  Check with your state your purchasing it within for their laws regulating or not regulating service contracts sold in that state.  Document all conversations with any claim, date, time, who you spoke to, phone number, etc.
97 U295 40, Build #5040, 6C8.3 325 HP
Oregon Continuous Traveler
Samsung Residential #RF20HFENBSR,
Xantrex SW2012, (3)AGM8D Hse, (2)AGM Grp24 Eng, Victron BMV-712, 1800w Solar 4 LG & 2 Sunpower
Extreme Full Body Pt w/hdlmps, new furn/floor, 4 down Lexus 2004 GX470 AWD curb weight 4,740 lbs
Prev: 1990 Barth, 10L 300 2 yrs; 91&92 Monaco Signature, 10 yrs, 10L C 300 &  6C8.3 300; 1997 ForeT 6C8.3 325 since May 2017.  Employed by Guaranty RV 14+ yrs.  Former VW New Car Dlr/Service Dlr, Sales Mgr, Rv Sales, and Service Adviser from 1968-2017
"Don't criticize what you can't understand" Bob Dylan

Reply #3
Just bought a used MB Bluetec diesel. As the Bluetec emissions systems are known to be problematic, and expensive, looked into the a extended "premium warranty" that covers everything except the exhaust. Sounded good, but thought I would call the company and ask about that. Turns out "exhaust system", is anything after the turbo, including def tanks and pumps, nox sensors, converter, dpf and def fluid heater, all the stuff that normally gives problems. Decided didn't need the warranty after all.
Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #4
Yup, aware of all the in's and out's. I was a service adviser at a large RV store. They do whatever they can not to pay, then sometimes, you pay the shipping on a part. I always hated calling in stuff, it was a grind.

I did talk to a friend that was a service manager at another RV store in my area.He said this company paid OK, but said the same thing, they all suck.

The reason I ask, is because a customer/ friend of mine sells them to dealers. I can get a chassis only (drive train) warranty for 1 year transferable for just under 1K. He say's he has had good luck with them, and few issues.

But when I did the feedback search, it was pretty ugly. Biggest thing is they all paid like 4-5K for theirs.

Problem I always found was, they don't cover normal wear and tear. But the salesmen would tell them "It's bumper to bumper." I always got a fight when I told them the roof vent after being broken by snow isn't covered. Or your dead battery isn't covered, because you forgot to put water in it.

It got to the point they sent an inspector out for everything 1st.

I was just thinking a major chassis warranty (mainly engine, trans, diff.) would be nice, was hoping someone had experience with this specific company.

Cheers Chris
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Reply #5
Think you answered your own question,an extended warr. is not worth it and the companies are crappy.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.