Skip to main content

Topic: Engine compartment fire suppression system (Read 209 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine compartment fire suppression system
After my close call (see my post on cracked fuel line) I'm thinking about installing a foam based fire suppression system for my engine compartment.  I found these systems online:  Large Format Automatic Systems | Fire Fight Products

Does anyone...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Engine compartment fire suppression system
Reply #1
That is the Vendor I Purchased it from, and spent nearly $1500.00, on An Engine/Transmission Combo Heads, a Behind the Refer with one Head, a Generator with one head!  All come with Flexible Wire Wrapped Hoses.  I also got 3 Small Extinguishers...

Reply #2
A Diesel engine fire suppression system should include an engine shutdown component. 

Reply #3
While poking around the internet for other fire suppression systems I found that Foretravel is equipping their IH45 and Realm Coaches with the Fogmaker system.  Looks expensive, but effective.  Here are a couple of videos.

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Along with what Steve said I'll add that all air should be stopped from coming into the eng compartment. Which is pretty hard to do I think.

Reply #5
Fire triangle = fuel + oxygen/air+ignition source. Eliminate any one of these variables so it doesn't happen. Can't absolutely eleminate fuel leaks and oxygen on a coach. My question therefore in the diesel engine compartment wouldn't very good...