Skip to main content

Topic: Blue Ox Kar Guard on my tow car a Chevy Colorado. (Read 183 times) previous topic - next topic

Blue Ox Kar Guard on my tow car a Chevy Colorado.
I am planning to go on the "North to Alaska" motorcade and wanted to protect my Colorado with a Kar Guard, but found out you should not use one on a Chevy Colorado due to lack of air flow that may damage the transmission. Any Colorado owners Know...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Blue Ox Kar Guard on my tow car a Chevy Colorado.
Reply #1
This is what we use and probably won't affect cooling.  Went to Alaska with few problems.  Nothing will protect you from what the cars speeding by in the opposite direction will kick up.

What did you do to your coach today. Tow skirt

Rich

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Ralph, I made that same cloth skirt that Rick did and seems to work fine. Also, last week I just had the front of my truck covered in a clear coat plastic wrap ( rock guard ). I opted for just the first 8 inches up for the hood and all of the...

Reply #3
Ralph I also have a Colorado as my toad. Where did you learn that a horizontal screen would cause excessive heat as it was being towed?  I was also considering making a screen ala Rich. I see that Blue Ox has two different designs, one vertical...