Skip to main content

Topic: Hydraulic motor is leaking... again (Read 1208 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydraulic motor is leaking... again
While I had my coach in Bernd's shop I had the seals replaced on my two fan motors.  This is the seal they used. 

Amazon.com: National 222025 Oil Seal: Automotive

The interior motor was the one that had a slow leak (oil residue around the shaft),...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Hydraulic motor is leaking... again
Reply #1
George,

Locate a good hydraulic shop who works on that brand/style hydraulic motor.  Visit with them or just take it to them for evaluation about resealing/rebuilding. They would be much better than us at determining if it is...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Looks like you need to head on back to Bernd's have him pull them, at their expense. The get them to a hyd shop for proper repair. From my past experience with these type of motors they need to be dissembled and the shaft polished up good....

Reply #3
Not sure if we have the same motors and hyd pump.  Both pump and motors got new seals in Bernd's shop in 2015.  16K miles later no leaks, but maybe I should check  to be certain.  Took 3 tries with the pump to get it right.  He also did drive...

Reply #4
Looks like another fine example of professional techs at Bern'd doing what the do best.

Reply #5
Someone on the forum bought a new motor for less than a CB from Danfloss can't find the info.

Reply #6
Jerry...  I did call Bernd and left a message. 

George

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Bruce hit the nail on the head about the shaft,sometimes you can install the seal a little in more or less to get a different spot on the shaft.Just for curiosity sake when was the oil changed last and what weight oil did you use?

Reply #8
The hydraulic oil was changed at Bernd's after one of his crew got some water, yes, water in the system.  They flushed it with about 14 gallons (that is what he tried to charge me for) of the recommended oil (Delo 15W-40), before filling the...

Reply #9
Yup, hydraulic oil was absolutely clean when inspected in League City just before driving to Nacogdoches.

Reply #10
The hydraulic oil was changed at Bernd's after one of his crew got some water, yes, water in the system.
I'm sitting here (armchair quarterbacking) trying to imagine how this could...

Reply #11
If such a thing is possible, I have no doubt that Bern'd and his Master Techs can accomplish this easily.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Hate to see work like that but every time I do I thank God I can do it myself,would get a couple of sets of filters coming cause
that's where the water will end up.On an engine that moisture will burn off but will just circulate on the hyd...

Reply #13
Seems like Bernd..is close to a 4 letter word......scary photos

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
WOW! What a shame George! Totally unacceptable.

Reply #15
After reviewing a lot of advice on whether to reseal my ailing hydraulic motor, I have decided to buy a new one from FT.  The problem is that resealing often fails (but not always) and it will cost me at least $500 to remove the motor for...

Reply #16
George you might Try TUROLLA  they are the wholesaler of the hydraulic motor it took me 3 months to get mine but supposedly they are back on line
Call Trerri Turpen at 515-239-6554
or email at tturpen@turollaocg.com
Give her the numbers off the...

Reply #17
I hate dirt. I build my transmissions and engines on a glass table bench top .   No reason for a leak if the shaft is true.
    Often if I see a small groove, the standard op is to move the seal  one way of the other to not run on the worn part...

Reply #18
Chris and Mike...  thanks for the info.  See the attached for the number off my leaking motor. 

The current motor is from a different source (see attached).  Unfortunately, I need the one with the thermo valve.  Buying the valve body seperately...

Reply #19
Send me your old ones.  I'll take a peek .

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
George, if time permits take old one apart and see what the shaft is like and replace the seal if it is good. That really is all that is needed. Look with a magnifying glass as any damage only needs to microscopic. I used to rebuild jet engines...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Forgot what the process is called but we had a machinest that would put the shaft in a lathe and spray molten metal on the grove
to repair it.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Yep, we did that too and it was "chroming" a shaft in the old days.
JohnH

Reply #23
What diameter shaft are we talking about?  Do they make shaft repair sleeves small enough to work in this application?

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Sometimes you can take the seal in and they can match one from it.