Skip to main content

Topic: Ladder Removal? (Read 251 times) previous topic - next topic

Ladder Removal?
I have limited storage options where I live. 

On my first try I was able to squeeze the coach in with the upper portion of the ladder just touching a steel cross member on the back wall and the wiper arms just clearing the roll up door.  Has...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Ladder Removal?
Reply #1
The ladder is attached with screws and caulking. Removes in just a few minutes.

You can remove it and:

1. Caulk the holes or
2. Put a metal patch over each attach point.  Screw and caulk.  Paint or polish the patch if you want it to look good. Or

Reply #2
Let air out of tires to lower coach, and keep ladder.

Reply #3
Length not height is the issue.

Reply #4
Remove the ladder.  Use oversized aluminum rivets in the open holes.  Would not look particularly out of place.  Paint them white if they still bother you.

And, easy to drill out if you ever want to reinstall the ladder.

Reply #5
Take the ladder off, calk the holes and put it back on when you sell it. The next buyer will appreciate that.

Reply #6
Unfortunately, in my opinion there is no other way to safely climb up on roof without the very top curved part of ladder. And you will need to be on the roof many times.

Reply #7
Bring it in the other way, nose first,  will the roll up clear the ladder?

Reply #8
I got tired of folding up our lower half to check engine stuff so I removed it.   And  besides I keep a 5 foot Werner in the bay so I can still get up there when needed,  unless this happens.
  Up on the roof cleaning the solar panels and the...

Reply #9
Bob, we bungee our ladder for extra security when climbing, but see your situation is another reason to secure ladder to coach before climbing. 

We originally had a 6 foot Werner, but found we had to almost stand on top of ladder to reach high...