Skip to main content

Topic: rear camera issue (Read 168 times) previous topic - next topic

rear camera issue
Now that I am able to drive at night if I so desire, I need to find the problem with the rear camera when driving at night.
 The camera seems to pick up interference from the lights and becomes useless. I have pulled over and turned the lights...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: rear camera issue
Reply #1
A:  Do you mean that some kind of electrical interference is causing static or wavy lines or something in your monitor image?

Or B:  Do you mean your tail lights and the headlights from other vehicles are making it so you can't see anything (or...

Reply #2
Do you have original camera/monitor  or upgrade?

Reply #3
It appears to be some kind of electrical interference connected with the lights, but why the problem still exists when I turn the lights off at night is the mystery. In daylight lights on no issue. You may be on to something if an infrared is...

Reply #4
I just replaced the BNC connectors that connect to the Audit box.  When on a bumpy road the camera would go out or show static.  That helped but I also had to cut off about 8" of the coax cable since when twisting that it would produce the same...

Reply #5
Cameras have different circuitry in them that is activated when day or night.  It might be that your camera night circuitry is the problem and you might just need a new camera that works better at night.

I had a older Tahoe that the rear camera...

Reply #6
Cameras have different circuitry in them that is activated when day or night.  It might be that your camera night circuitry is the problem and you might just need a new camera that works better...