Skip to main content

Topic: Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining (Read 325 times) previous topic - next topic

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining
Raining pretty good here just east of Memphis TN.  Our bedroom slide is a standup desk with a window - bed is north south.

Slide bladder is good, holding air, replaced 1.5 years ago.

Floor is very wet on the side of the bed by the bedroom slide-...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining
Reply #1
Tim Fiedler
Gen-Pro.biz
630 240-9139

Reply #2
Dan,  your rig is the same year as ours and I have never seen what your describing as pin lock holes on either one of our slides.  I discovered after driving ours in the rain that the bedroom slide leaked and after removing the slide trim I was...

Reply #3
Dan, has it stopped raining?  What's happening with your leak? Hope everything's good.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Same was happening to me as T-Man.. Caulked all the gap around the slide.. thought the bladder needed more pressure but after thinking about it and really looking it over I had a 1/16" to 1/8" gap so now its filled and rained today.. will check...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I pulled the inside slide surround yesterday.  Looking from inside outwards, with slide retracted I can only see the top, left side, and 1/2 of right side (bed is in the way to see the rest).  The seal looks good with the slide in. No air gaps....

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Dan, be careful of putting too much air pressure to the slide bladders!. I believe 15 lbs is the correct amount.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Too much air will do one of two things or possibly both..

1) crush the fiberglass around the slide
2) pop the bladder