Skip to main content
Topic: Ride Height Adjustment (Read 564 times) previous topic - next topic

Ride Height Adjustment

I was adjusting the ride height today on my 97 and noticed that the brass rod on one of the valves was close to the top of the rubber hose that holds it in place. This is another good thing to check for those that recently bought their rig. This isn't a very good photo but the arrow points to the ride height valve rod bracket. You just loosen a couple of nuts on this bracket and you can slide the bracket up so you will have plenty of brass rod within the hose.
jor

Re: Ride Height Adjustment

Reply #1
But, moving the rod WILL change ride height.  So, be sure to verify ride height is correct after changing the distance between chassis attachment point and ride height valve.

I would  be more concerned about too little of the rod in the rubber piece than a part of the rod extending past the rubber piece.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Re: Ride Height Adjustment

Reply #2
I would  be more concerned about too little of the rod in the rubber piece than a part of the rod extending past the rubber piece.

Yea, that was my issue. I probably didn't explain it well. There was too little of the rod in the rubber. Anyhow, good point. If you have to adjust the bracket you must check your ride height.

Just thought of something else. A few days back there was a discussion on which bags to use for the ride height adjustment. I was in Nacogdoches awhile back and Wayne and another guy installed new bags on this 270. Anyhow, he made me a cardboard cutout of his height adjustment tool and on it he wrote: "Front on Back, Back on Front') Cryptic, huh. Anyhow, what he meant was the proper adjustment bags are the inside ones, toward the center of the coach. Probably some other opinions on this but I'll go with Wayne.
jor