Skip to main content

Topic: Laredo crossing (Read 337 times) previous topic - next topic

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Laredo crossing
We will cross border in Laredo at Columbia and want to know any helpful info. Last year they made us get out of the coach while making a search. I was VERY unhappy, as they could easily steal stuff or plant stuff, but didn't want to cause...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Laredo crossing
Reply #1
Assume you know where to park while turning in the Mexican paperwork before crossing.

No idea about U.S. customs question.  Probably bite your tongue and SMILE.

When we have crossed there, sometimes easy, once sent us through the truck line to be...

Reply #2
Texas is the only state to charge you tax on the alcohol you buy in Mexico. Lukeville has always been really friendly. Never a problem in Nogales or Tecate. No one has ever asked us to get out of the coach.

Pierce

Reply #3
Texas is the only state to charge you tax on the alcohol you buy in Mexico.

Pierce

Correct, but I BELIEVE that the quantity you can bring in with no tax is more for non-Texas...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
We think we will sleep at a toll both north of Monterrey. Don't know how to see it on Google Earth. Anyone know about this? We don't want to drive four hours and then wait in line. I ASSUME that we don't go thru commercial lanes. Made a BIG...

Reply #5
Correct, but I BELIEVE that the quantity you can bring in with no tax is more for non-Texas residents. 
Us Californians were taxed on a quart of Tequila in Brownsville.

P

Reply #6
Glenn,

I looked at GoogleMaps on a 55 inch 4K display and here is what I came up with: Google Maps

The Columbia border crossing seems to be the one recommended for RVs. A page on crossing it here: The Colombia Border Crossing

Let us know how it...

Reply #7
Know what you can bring back beforehand (and declare it!).  I have a good friend who is a 'greeter' at Lukeville. He told me they look for someone 'too nice' or 'not nice enough'. We came back from Rocky Point last week and saw a Prevost in the...

• NancyS
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
For practice with the Feds, go thru a California Border Station, it can be a experience.

Reply #9
I don't take anything from a rude immigration agent. Coming back from overseas, the agent looked at my wife's passport photo and said, "Guess this is what you used to look like." I immediately asked to see his supervisor and asked her to talk to...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Thanks Pierce
This has been quite an adventure. We always figured that Twig wouldn't want to explore central Mexico, as we did, and that we were most likely going to travel that leg of our journey, by ourselves. These last few weeks, we rarely saw...

Reply #11
We will cross border in Laredo at Columbia and want to know any helpful info.  . . .  Can I refuse to leave the coach without having them dismantle it for me?? Search warrant type issue??

Ummm no. ...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
We just got done crossing at Columbia Laredo. It was backed up with just two lanes open. We had to get our deposit back for our car, over $400 . Once we inched our way up to the casita, we couldn't find our paperwork!!! OK. we finally found it....

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
We just got done crossing at Columbia Laredo. It was backed up with just two lanes open. We had to get our deposit back for our car, over $400 . Once we inched our way up to the casita, we...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Oh yes....I don't think you would have liked the last few days. We sure missed your company, though.....All in all......a GREAT adventure!!!