Skip to main content

Topic: Delamination question (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Delamination question
I definitely have delamination on both ends of the front slide, worse on the front end.
Does the factory have a flat rate charge for fixing this? What is the charge for repair?
The bedroom slide looks fine.

Thanks, Dick

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Re: Delamination question
Reply #1
Dick,

The factory built the slide that de-laminated.

If you go to James Stallings at Xtreme, you will get an excellent repair that will not reappear and probably a little less costly too.

Perhaps you would wish to call him for a second opinion and...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
Dick,

You should first talk to the dealer from whom you bought this  coach.  Delamination does not happen all at once  or overnight.  It could have been overlooked on purpose or by accident.  In either case you might be able to persuade the dealer...

Reply #3
I also had my slide repaired at xtreme. I had to pull both of them and while xtreme was great and did a wonderful job it took longer putting them in that I thought so we were at MOT for an extra few days that put us over a weekend. james and crew...

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Thanks! 
The delamination area on the front end of the front slide is an oval almost a foot wide and maybe 20" high. I am wondering if a temporary fix could be done by cutting down the middle of the "bubble" and squirting an adhesive under both...

Reply #5
Whatever you do, don't delay.  From what I understand about delamination, once it starts it can expand into new areas.

Others might weigh in regarding a do-it-yourself temporary fix.

Reply #6
Your comment scares me George.
How serious do others consider delamination?  I have an area about 1sf on rear end of slideout.  FOT either missed it or ignored it (along with numerous other items) when I bought last year.
Thanks,
Mike  2003 U295

Reply #7
No, they did not miss it they used the wrong adhesive that is not sticking to some of the insulation. If you look in the pictures that I posted of mine you will see that they put the stuff on and it ate away the insulation and was flexing. It...

Reply #8
Thanks, John.  At this point it is well below the window.  I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.
I have seen your pictures.  They, and George's, are very informative.

I didn't mean that FOT missed it in manufacture, but that they didn't find it,...

Reply #9
Mike, I'm real sorry to hear about this delamination on your coach just purchased.  I would certainly bring it to FOT's attention as an item they should have inspected and notified you as a good faith gesture, if any exists these days.  I'm sure...

Reply #10
I agree with Peter.  It is one thing to understand why the factory can not afford to go back and fix a problem on a seven year old coach.  But it is quite another to tell a customer that they will check For delamination and either not do it or...

• Dwayne
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I agree.  If my generator/electrical saga on the tech forum turns out to be an actual generator problem, it might be instructive for others considering to use or not use the vendor I have been dealing with.  People realize they are only hearing...