Skip to main content

Topic: Install Shelf in Kitchen Exterior Wall (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

Install Shelf in Kitchen Exterior Wall
DW is having a walnut shelf made to install in the kitchen of our 34'.  It will be "L" shaped, mounted about midway between the counter and the ceiling and face the driver side wall of the coach and the interior wall in common with the bathroom....

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Install Shelf in Kitchen Exterior Wall
Reply #1
I'm far from being a carpenter, but seems to me you could use most any type of 90 degree shelf supports.  Wood, metal...whatever.  Size and number to be commensurate with the anticipated weight load on shelf.  The key is to locate the vertical...

Reply #2
PS: Please post photos of the completed (installed) shelf.  Sounds like a very nice and useful addition to your coach!

Reply #3
Walnut shelf brackets with a design that compliments the OEM decor might be aesthetically pleasing.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Wife's number 1 complaint in our coach.. No counter space .. After you put the coffee maker out.. no room for much else... Maybe I need to upgrade the coach. That should fix it.. Hmm

Reply #5
Wife's number 1 complaint in our coach.. No counter space .. After you put the coffee maker out.. no room for much else... Maybe I need to upgrade the coach. That should fix it.. Hmm

That could...

Reply #6
Or...........

Reply #7
Here's the area of the kitchen the "L" shaped shelf will go in.  Above toaster oven in place of silver rack (held on with Velcro).   I have a pretty good idea of fastening to outside wall thanks to Chuck's link. What about fastening to the...

Reply #8
What about fastening to the interior wall?  Does electric from the outlet below come down from top or up from bottom?
On our coach, the electrical romex cables run along the floor, and up...

Reply #9
It looks like your MW is backed up to the sliding door pocket. There is some structure in there, you need a good stud finder.

• BobW
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
  "Does electric from the outlet below come down from top or up from bottom?"

Randy: Unscrew the outlet in your picture.  The outlet is normally wired to your GFI and you should be able to see the direction from which all the wiring comes from.
Bob